• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

A new addition to my low grade Pre-Robin (and Tec 38) Run! Won this guy on eBay for what I consider a steal price. Originally I was only out to complete a Pre-Robin run, but this one was so nice and considerably cheap (My winning bid was 1/2 of my max bid lol ) - I said why not I'll take a Tec 38!

CGC NG (coverless) Restored (Centerfold is trimmed on 1 edge)

IMG_1589.jpg

with an opening page like that, who needs the cover! pretty obvious which tec it is. nice.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Very thrilled to have picked the 35 and 38 up. :banana:

Been dreaming of a 35 and 38 for as long as I can remember. :cloud9:

I pulled out my Tec 38 reprint from the 90's and it hit me I had finally landed a real one. :acclaim:

My lower grade Tec Pre-Robin run has been growing, a feat I never thought would happen. As a teen never thought I would own even one.

Still can't hold a candle to DarkKnights unbelievable collection of Pre-Robins though. :shy:

Also - Jon (PointFive) is searching for a lower grade Tec 35 - let's all keep our eyes out for him! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for you man! ;)

Also - Jon (PointFive) is searching for a lower grade Tec 35 - let's all keep our eyes out for him! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for you man! ;)

Aren't we all!

Ya me too i need one, and if someone finds one i need 10K to buy it also. Is that too much to ask for?

Aren't we all!

Ya me too i need one, and if someone finds one i need 10K to buy it also. Is that too much to ask for?

Dude, you have a beautiful #36 coming! I'm not feeling sorry for you... lol

Back in February I was watching the Philip Wiess auction of Eldon Dedini Detective Comics with great interest. It is a fair assumption that Heritage bought #1 and #2.

PW price:

#1 $28250

#2 $19210

HA:

Screenshot_6.jpg

Let's assume a private collector purchased the DC#2 on-line or via telephone at the PW auction for $19210. I don't know how the HA auction price of $26290 gets reduced down to a net check to the seller of the PW item. Using 20% as a guide, that comes to $21032. That's a lot of risk put on the table for a very marginal return. Then again, assuming HA purchased the Dedini collection, they made a nice 30% return in a few months time in a tight market.

August Signature Auction:

Screenshot_5.jpg

HA also has the Action Comics #19 from the collection being offered in the August Auction.

Screenshot_7.jpg

Edited by tabcom

My new book i love it

detectivecomics6-3-201063353PM.jpg

Congratulations Matt!

That book is beautiful and a true sight to behold.

Even though I know it's restored, it's just amazing to look at a book like that and see how well preserved it has become after 70 years.

(worship)