• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,299 posts in this topic

Patsy's red hair and dress almost looks as though it has been silkscreened; it really makes the cover pop!

missA53.jpg

Yup, not that I'm looking at her hair.

I know, I know - that's probably wrong on a bunch of levels.

I had a go at this one but it went higher ($53 before shipping) than I wanted to pay. I did notice that it is absent many dealers' inventory while issues around it are there, a testament to the demand. It looks like a nice copy - eBay Link

273.jpg

893whatthe.gif Very nice looking copy. Please do a re-scan when you get it.

I had a go at this one but it went higher ($53 before shipping) than I wanted to pay.

893whatthe.gif Very nice looking copy. Please do a re-scan when you get it.

Unfortunately, I did not win it frown.gif The listing was poor and I chanced upon it but the book was too rich for me right now.

Ooops. Mis-read your post. I thought you were saying you paid higher than you usually did. That was actually probably a very good price for the book, unless there was something hidden that was wrong with it.

I had a go at this one but it went higher ($53 before shipping) than I wanted to pay. I did notice that it is absent many dealers' inventory while issues around it are there, a testament to the demand. It looks like a nice copy - eBay Link

273.jpg

I agree with Adam - $53 seems like a good price if it's in at least 6.0 - which seems possible - what other classic Atom Age covers are you going to find in nice shape for that little dough?

Might have to crack the slabb and read this one.

MIGHT? It is what 3's were made for! (You know that the lower grade books have congenital ODS (Oxygen Deprivation Syndrome) and must be removed from their confining encasement, led into the fresh air, and lovingly studied. You know that, right?

Crack it!

Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack!

Well since I already own a slabbed 7.0 copy I am looking forward to cracking this puppy as it is after all my all-time favorite Everett cover from that era. cloud9.gif Crack is good. insane.gif

Yeeehaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wouldn't you really rather read a 7!!!???

Or is that Wouldn;t you really rather have a Buick? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif