• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

While attempting to straighten up an unruly 3 foot high pile of bubble wrap, I stumbled upon my old June 22nd 2002 Jay Parinno Auction Catalog. I decided to thumb through those" pages from the past " after several years. This is the catalog that includes Marnin R's release of the Massachusetts ASM run and various other Mass books. It also has the purported (and disputed by SOME....) lost Curator copy of FF 1. What I had totally forgotten about, probably because I didn't give a hoot about them at the time, were Marnin's consignment of about 3 dozen, mostly top census at the time, pedigree Atlas PCH..... like the River City JIM 1 (CGC 7.5 est $3800) :cloud9: ...it was kind of cool going back through it, everything was "old label" as that's all there was then. This was my first Auction catalog and I wish I'd realized at the time that they were worth taking care of..... this one, a favorite, has gotten kind of rough. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

These two fit in the collection nicely! ;)

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds242_zps42183819.jpg

JourneyIntoUnknownWorlds23_zpsc9c641e9.jpg

....if someone says, "Atlas PCH ?......what the *F* is that?"......those two covers would serve as a suitable introduction. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Funny thing about the AIWW 24 is that it seems the "goriest " horror cover Atlas put out. They mostly went for the more tasteful shock or scary cover art. Anyone think of another Atlas to rival this one in gore factor? hm

Funny thing about the AIWW 24 is that it seems the "goriest " horror cover Atlas put out. They mostly went for the more tasteful shock or scary cover art. Anyone think of another Atlas to rival this one in gore factor? hm

I can't think of many "gory" Atlas covers either. Astonishing #30 is one of my favorites though.

Astonishing30_zpsbe56ea25.jpg

I can't think of many "gory" Atlas covers either. Astonishing #30 is one of my favorites though.

Astonishing30_zpsbe56ea25.jpg

I love this cover. Great copy of a tough book! :cloud9:

Here's another cool war book, this one sports a nice Severin cover.

DSC_0007862x1280_zps33c561bd.jpg

I like this one and don't think I've ever seen it before.

The nice clear blue sky makes this look un-Atlas like. Really stands out from the normal Atlas war book.

Here's another cool war book, this one sports a nice Severin cover.

DSC_0007862x1280_zps33c561bd.jpg

I like this one and don't think I've ever seen it before.

The nice clear blue sky makes this look un-Atlas like. Really stands out from the normal Atlas war book.

You're right about this. War Adventures 11 features a similar sky color, but maybe not as blue.

Edited by gojira

Does anyone know who did this cover? Neither GCD nor Atlas Tales have the info. It looks like Burgos, but it's hard to tell sometimes with his work. It's one of my favorite Atlas war covers.

battlefront17_zpsd960a9e3.jpg

Nice cover. It might be Burgos but my first instinct was Brodsky. My best guess is Burgos pencil/layout with Brodsky inks.