• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Jim, please post a shot of that house ad! That looks terrific! :wishluck:

...your House Ad is served :acclaim: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN0582.jpg

Very cool, thanks for that! (worship)

I wonder if the covers match up with every book that was out that month? hm

Like how they plugged JIUW too!

DSCN0582.jpg

I wonder why the house ad didn't include all the Atlas horror titles?

I don't see Mystic, Men's Adventures, Suspense, or Menace.

This just arrived from Roy (VintageComics) ......and like every book I've ever gotten from Roy, it seems like the next grade up from what he listed it as. ALWAYS a pleasant surprise. I'd wanted one of these for ages in nice shape and it was very reasonably priced. Hard to beat a book with an Everett cover plus interior stories by Basil Wolverton and Everett again. An unexpected surprise was the Tuska Lighthouse story...... super well done. GOD BLESS....

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

This is stunning copy of a book that I am desperately looking for. Congrats on this great addition to your collection. :cloud9:

This just arrived from Roy (VintageComics) ......and like every book I've ever gotten from Roy, it seems like the next grade up from what he listed it as. ALWAYS a pleasant surprise. I'd wanted one of these for ages in nice shape and it was very reasonably priced. Hard to beat a book with an Everett cover plus interior stories by Basil Wolverton and Everett again. An unexpected surprise was the Tuska Lighthouse story...... super well done. GOD BLESS....

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

This is stunning copy of a book that I am desperately looking for. Congrats on this great addition to your collection. :cloud9:

Thanks, bro......but now it's making me want a similar copy of JIUW 15 ....... and while Atlas still has some of the cheaper PCH Wolvertons.... they're still a chunk. I consider myself very fortunate to have gotten this one.....I couldn't believe it lasted all night and was still available..... luckily, the other "usual suspects" already had copies..... GOD BLESS...

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

Thanks, bro......but now it's making me want a similar copy of JIUW 15 ....... and while Atlas still has some of the cheaper PCH Wolvertons.... they're still a chunk. I consider myself very fortunate to have gotten this one.....I couldn't believe it lasted all night and was still available..... luckily, the other "usual suspects" already had copies..... GOD BLESS...

I missed this one, but it seems that the book found a great home. I have a friend who upgraded a Wolverton Atlas book recently and will probably obtain his undercopy in the next few months (when he recovers it, since it is "lost" somewhere. I will see him tomorrow and learn which book it is.

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

I agree Jim. I'm so used to seeing that book really beat that it stops me in my tracks to see one so nice.

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

I actually regretting selling that book once Jimbo took it. I was literally logging in to remove it from the sales thread and keep it when I saw the book had sold.

Glad you're happy with it! (thumbs u

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

I agree Jim. I'm so used to seeing that book really beat that it stops me in my tracks to see one so nice.

....I'm still coming to terms with actually having one finally. You got the pick of the litter in that sales thread..... the Mystery Tales "hang until dead" cover is on my short list of must have Everett covers..... and knowing Roy's books, I bet it was much nicer than the scan...... Roy probably doesn't get any returns. GOD BLESS...

DSCN0582.jpg

Very cool, thanks for that! (worship)

I wonder if the covers match up with every book that was out that month? hm

Like how they plugged JIUW too!

That's an awesome house ad inside of an awesome book! Congratulations on the wonderful score!!!!

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

I actually regretting selling that book once Jimbo took it. I was literally logging in to remove it from the sales thread and keep it when I saw the book had sold.

Glad you're happy with it! (thumbs u

....happy doesn't begin to describe it...... and, like every book I've ever gotten from you..... down to a thirty dollar Superboy.... it came in a brand new mylar..... classy :headbang: GOD BLESS...

UnknownWorlds14.jpg

....I'm still coming to terms with actually having one finally. You got the pick of the litter in that sales thread..... the Mystery Tales "hang until dead" cover is on my short list of must have Everett covers..... and knowing Roy's books, I bet it was much nicer than the scan...... Roy probably doesn't get any returns. GOD BLESS...

Nah, Roy overgraded it by 2 or 3 grades.

:grin:

There were 12 horror books published by Atlas that month so they probably ran out of room. Menace hadn't started and Men's Adventure was still a war magazine so that's why those weren't listed.

There were 12 horror books published by Atlas that month so they probably ran out of room. Menace hadn't started and Men's Adventure was still a war magazine so that's why those weren't listed.

Yeah, after posting I remembered that Menace came along later; also not surprised that Men's Adventures hadn't completely changed over yet.

I did forget to include Astonishing and Adventures Into Weird Worlds in my post though...No question about either of them being horror titles, along with Mystic and Suspense.

Too bad they didn't use a "double truck" in the two centerfold pages, in order to display all of them.

Yeah, after posting I remembered that Menace came along later; also not surprised that Men's Adventures hadn't completely changed over yet.

I did forget to include Astonishing and Adventures Into Weird Worlds in my post though...No question about either of them being horror titles, along with Mystic and Suspense.

Too bad they didn't use a "double truck" in the two centerfold pages, in order to display all of them.

....Some printing or Graphic Design in your background, Fifties ? GOD BLESS...

....Some printing or Graphic Design in your background, Fifties ? GOD BLESS...

I worked in a print shop for a while, but that was back about 1961 (right after the extinction of the Dinosaurs).

I stumbled upon a Tales of Suspense 1 in gd+ with edge tanning, some back cover soiling, a few creases and some overall wear. The book isn't looking to bad and eye appear is pretty good. I'm asking myself if I should go for it. I'm not of sure of the value of such a copy in today's market. It's a book that does not show up a lot and pre-hero books have certainly exploded lately. Most of the GPA data is a little old except for a 1.8 that sold for $235 in March 2014 (and a 1.5 that sold for $260 in October 2013).

I would like some input from my fellow Atlas/ pre-hero collectors.

Cheers! (thumbs u