• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Sometimes we regret popping a book...... sometimes we don't. This time I definitely don't. As I suspected..... the gloss on this book is incredible, and other than the small color fleck beneath the caption box, I really can't see why this wasn't an 8.0 or 8.5. The Mooney and DiPreta stories I hadn't seen and both are fantastic.... but the Heath title story is a real visual treat..... but as usual, nothing at all like the cover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN0590.jpg

You have been showing us some great books lately and this one is no exception! :cloud9:

Edited by gojira

Sometimes we regret popping a book...... sometimes we don't. This time I definitely don't. As I suspected..... the gloss on this book is incredible, and other than the small color fleck beneath the caption box, I really can't see why this wasn't an 8.0 or 8.5. The Mooney and DiPreta stories I hadn't seen and both are fantastic.... but the Heath title story is a real visual treat..... but as usual, nothing at all like the cover. GOD BLESS...

DSCN0590.jpg

I think you popped your blue collar twenty years ago. Me, I don't even own a collar. Though I sometimes borrow one for public holidays and Sundays. Still trying to figure out how to iron my trousers without breaking my hand.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

A recent addition to my collection. The book is slightly mis-cut, but great looking. I love the Everett cover.

DSC_0005891x1280_zps5e55ba70.jpg

.... hard to find Atlas books that aren't mis-cut. That one is real sharp, quite a prize. GOD BLESS...

As it's Sunday here, I decided to dig out my set of Bible Tales For Young Folk # 1- 5 and leaf through them again for the first time in a while. My familiarity with the artists has improved since I put the run together and I was curious who exactly was in them. I uploaded a few favorites from www.atlastales.com to share here.... and when I get my scanner dialed in I may add some more over the holidays. Stan must have liked this little run, it was one of the few bound sets that was in his Heritage File Copy offerings of several years ago..... I was outbid :sorry: It took me several years to put the set together, checking eBay every day. GOD BLESS.....

JERRY ROBINSON

782_o.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Unfortunately, there is only one Everett story and one Maneely story in the entire 5 issue run. Artists who popped in fairly often were Sinnott, Shores, and Greene...... all turning in their "A" game efforts. I took what I could get with these and none of mine exceed VG+ ........although I would LOVE to upgrade to Fine Plus or better.... if anyone has any leads. It seems # 1 is the easiest to find with # 5 being hands down, the most scarce. GOD BLESS...

Unfortunately, there is only one Everett story and one Maneely story in the entire 5 issue run. Artists who popped in fairly often were Sinnott, Shores, and Greene...... all turning in their "A" game efforts. I took what I could get with these and none of mine exceed VG+ ........although I would LOVE to upgrade to Fine Plus or better.... if anyone has any leads. It seems # 1 is the easiest to find with # 5 being hands down, the most scarce. GOD BLESS...

I really like this 5 issue run also. Great art (including the Robinson covers) and agree with you that #1 is the easiest and #5 is the hardest to get (at least in decent shape).

I have 1-4 but still haven't found a decent looking #5. A lot of the books I've seen have heavy tanning.

I'm pretty sure Scrooge posted a group shot somewhere a few years ago.

Nice copy........ that's probably my favorite of the run, partly due to exactly the two stories you posted.... plus that cover is phat. Metro had a VF listed that I still kick myself over.... and it was there for a while. Mine is maybe a VG. I'd love to have the whole run in the shape of your # 2 . You're so right about the tanning...... my 3,4, and 5 are all afflicted. GOD BLESS...

Nice copy........ that's probably my favorite of the run, partly due to exactly the two stories you posted.... plus that cover is phat. Metro had a VF listed that I still kick myself over.... and it was there for a while. Mine is maybe a VG. I'd love to have the whole run in the shape of your # 2 . You're so right about the tanning...... my 3,4, and 5 are all afflicted. GOD BLESS...

The #2 is my favorite also. My copy is probably the same one you saw on the Metro site. I bought it a couple years ago. Definitely the best of any of the five issues I've had a chance to buy.

My 1,2 and 4 are in the 5.0 to 6.0 range.

IIRC, I am missing one issue and have a dupe of another. Not very useful but there you go ...

I only started to chase after these after Jimbo posted his set so I am in his debt on this one :)

.... That would be a rare turn of events lol ..... I couldn't even begin to make up for your monumental contributions to www.atlastales.com ...... that site really turned me out as an Atlas Fiend. And fair warning to Damonwad ...... In the future, in a moment of weakness, I may pester you to sell me the # 2 :busy: ..... and I'm not above begging and sniveling ...... GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

..... here's my set..... sorry so small. Those Tales From The Great Book are terribly awesome as well..... GOD BLESS...

BIBLECOLLECTION.jpg

Edited by jimjum12