• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

This next one didn't survive the offering..... and it also has wonderful art inside starting off with a Wally Wood, a Drucker, and more. I can only imagine what a truly high grade copy would do to someone's sanity. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MYSTIC52.jpg

All beautiful covers. And Drucker, you say? Would love to see some of that story art.

Picked this one up recently for a friend...... it has a really bang up Everett cover ..... but I'd bet my bottom dollar that Severin inked at least part of it. I really like these rare forays into the War genre by Wild Bill...... GOD BLESS....

BATTLE56.jpg

This next one didn't survive the offering..... and it also has wonderful art inside starting off with a Wally Wood, a Drucker, and more. I can only imagine what a truly high grade copy would do to someone's sanity. GOD BLESS.....

MYSTIC52.jpg

All beautiful covers. And Drucker, you say? Would love to see some of that story art.

..... cover story...... decent, too. GOD BLESS....

2158_o.jpg

New acquisition. Seems to be one of the tougher MTs to locate. I've been looking for quite a while.

152566.jpg

Great score! I have yet to find one myself. :headbang:

Awesome book!!! I had a decent MT 9, but I sold it to the super Mystery Tales collector a couple years back. :frustrated:

An artist that I had never heard of until my Atlas kick is Al Eadah. He has quickly become one of my favorites .....I've yet to be disappointed by his work. I've seen his style in several of the uncredited stories on www.atlastales.com .GOD BLESS...

623_o.jpg

80_o.jpg

2581_o.jpg

To give credit where credit's due..... most of these story scans come from the "El Dorado" of comic book reference sites, www.atlastales.com ..... and there's plenty more there where these come from....... here's some more from Sam Kweskin ..... a period war story splash and a complete 3 page horror yarn. GOD BLESS...

1134_o.jpg

1013_o.jpg

1215_o.jpg

1216_o.jpg

While I never get tired of the Everett, Heath, Maneely, Severin, and Brodsky covers that graced so many of the Atlas titles, it would have been nice to see a cover by some of the other guys. This next one is supposedly the ONLY cover done by Kweskin for this publisher..... Not bad. GOD BLESS....

4575.jpg

That's not the first time I've lost sight of the Timely-Atlas boundary; thanks for the heads-up. I can't help you with your needs, but you'll be the first to know if I see anything.

Here's another I can't identify. Any thoughts on the artist? I feel as though I should know him. Whoefver it is, I admire his style!

ba13.jpg

.....I'd puzzled over this one also...... I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Communist soldiers are Anderson and the US Troops are by Everett..... not sure what would have motivated such a collaboration, but I'd guess a bottle of Gin may have been involved. GOD BLESS...

I figured that Battle Action was Anderson all the way. Atlas Tales attributes the pencil work to him, and I'm guessing he inked his own stuff for the most part, as the inking is always pretty distinctive with his work

It's possible there could be some Everett collaboration, but their styles are similar enough that it may just look that way.

Jimbo, thanks as always for all the great splash scans. It's nice to be reminded of all the great artists who worked for Atlas but never or rarely got a shot at the covers.

If Marvel ever put out a compendium of Jimbos Favorite Atlas Stories, I'd buy it in a heatbeat.

I really like that Ravielli crime page - where is it from?

That's not the first time I've lost sight of the Timely-Atlas boundary; thanks for the heads-up. I can't help you with your needs, but you'll be the first to know if I see anything.

Here's another I can't identify. Any thoughts on the artist? I feel as though I should know him. Whoefver it is, I admire his style!

ba13.jpg

.....I'd puzzled over this one also...... I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Communist soldiers are Anderson and the US Troops are by Everett..... not sure what would have motivated such a collaboration, but I'd guess a bottle of Gin may have been involved. GOD BLESS...

That really is fantastic art work. Would love to see the OA of this.

I figured that Battle Action was Anderson all the way. Atlas Tales attributes the pencil work to him, and I'm guessing he inked his own stuff for the most part, as the inking is always pretty distinctive with his work

It's possible there could be some Everett collaboration, but their styles are similar enough that it may just look that way.

Jimbo, thanks as always for all the great splash scans. It's nice to be reminded of all the great artists who worked for Atlas but never or rarely got a shot at the covers.

If Marvel ever put out a compendium of Jimbos Favorite Atlas Stories, I'd buy it in a heatbeat.

I really like that Ravielli crime page - where is it from?

+1