• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

When I was in eighth grade, I went through my friend's dad's comic collection from when he was a kid and graded and sorted the books for sale (I was the kid with an Overstreet and a geeky reputation).

He gave me four comics outright for sorting them and allowed me to buy maybe another dozen. Some of the books I can recall getting were things like Adventure no. 168 (Superboy) and Battle no. 1 (which I still own) as well as this noteworthy photo cover featuring Stan Lee (stretching the whole Atlas thing here I know):

35296015.35c5ac4c.800.jpg

Love it

+1. Great book, still looking for a copy for myself!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments!

I'm having fun digging through some boxes I haven't opened for awhile.

So many of my books are readers, but I'm still happy to have 'em. Funny, though, how your mind can romanticize books from memory 'til you lay eyes upon them again. Damn reality check. Most of these I got as a teenager at the LCShow so the choice was somewhat limited, especially on my grass-cutting budget!

44131256.8ccfc194.800.jpg

strange%20tales%2053.jpeg

I like anything antique that makes reference to antiques, such as the antique shop depicted on this cover.

You just know that shop never had any Happy Meal toys and Beanie Babies, nor repro Coke trays and modern die-cast tractors.

Not that there's anything WRONG with those! :whistle:

strange%20tales%2053.jpeg

Very nice!

And, I must confess, I do not know what "The Gray Thing" really is!

The Gray Thing was the code approved entity which would have been a WereWolf, Zombie, Vampire, or skeleton in PCH days... ;)

Only 3 in the census. Everett was so good.

image_zpshdfu4goi.jpg

IIRC, Atlas dropped quite a few titles in '57, I imagine due to lack of sales. I've always been of the opinion that fewer new sales resulted in fewer survivors, thus the dearth of these now.