• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

No doubt, fifties, there are runs with more books, but per capita, it's tough to deny JIUW. Issue number 8 is one of my faves, along with the second issue which you posted. I'm not an aggressive collector (ie. eBay, HA, CC, etc.), so the chances of these showing up 'in the wild' anymore are slim, I know. Ergo, I'll have to admire from afar for now.

Back in 1990, thirty five cents would buy you a filler copy of Sergeant Barney Barker number one at the late Joe Sarno's Comic Kingdom on Chicago's North Side.

I kept it in its stale old poly bag all these years, and for nostalgia's sake, I probably will going forward. ;)

44222652.6fcd0b9c.800.jpg

Oh, I didn't know post code was permitted here. Since I am very close on pre-code Atlas horror, I've been picking up post code stuff when the opportunity presents it's self. I find I enjoy them a lot too. Especially some of the great Everett covers.

A few months ago, I was the lucky buyer of a pretty nice OO SA collection that a friend got in a storage locker. There were some nice pre-hero, post code horror/sci-fi Atlas in there. Here are some nice Tales of Suspense.

comtalesofsuspense2_zpsl7dtuckr.jpg