• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Grandpa was a lumberjack early in his life and I have fond memories of felling trees on his property with him.  

Any chance I get I strike on covers that have woodchopping :luhv:

74036B45-F08A-4580-9F37-C775A040F31A.jpg

Sweet copy Bounty! :cloud9:

7 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I'm trying to see the resemblance... Was Lee sporting a 'stache at the time?? hm

Probably not. That issue was from 1953 and after searching som pics online, I realize I was picturing the late sixties - early seventies Stan!

49 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

This Marvel Tales really does it for me  love greens and it just comprises well  hot lady in red dress fire Frankie monster :x Syd Shores has something to do with it as well. 

Also goes towards my sweet spot strong lookers for the grade  

68BA47CF-8649-4C6F-B83E-86680BE50EE3.jpg

One of my faves as well. Some niceness on the insides too! ?

MT96Return_zpsf141ef2c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

And since this is an Atlas book, I'll post it again just 'cause I'm Lovin' it so much! :x

Venus%20%2018%20CGC%205.0_zpscee3na73.jp

Everyone loves the 19...... but this is my favorite.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Recent pickup from a boardie. Loved this cover ever since I saw it posted here. After reading, I realized almost all the stories in this issue have to do with self worth and identity crisis themes. Such as "I am Nobody!", "The Man who Never Was", "Address Unknown". Even the cover story, "Invasion of the Metal Men" was just about a guy who wanted to be important and noticed. Makes me wonder if "losing one's identity" was a mid to late '50's cultural phenomena. Journey%20Into%20Unknown%20Worlds%20%204

21 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Recent pickup from a boardie. Loved this cover ever since I saw it posted here. After reading, I realized almost all the stories in this issue have to do with self worth and identity crisis themes. Such as "I am Nobody!", "The Man who Never Was", "Address Unknown". Even the cover story, "Invasion of the Metal Men" was just about a guy who wanted to be important and noticed. Makes me wonder if "losing one's identity" was a mid to late '50's cultural phenomena. Journey%20Into%20Unknown%20Worlds%20%204

I've a remaindered of this..still looks okay!

Seems post code Atlas really got into stuff like you mentioned above...the man,woman that vanished  or disappeared..or was suddenly half there lol seem to appeaer through most titles at some point.

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I've a remaindered of this..still looks okay!

Seems post code Atlas really got into stuff like you mentioned above...the man,woman that vanished  or disappeared..or was suddenly half there lol seem to appeaer through most titles at some point.

Yeah, more moralistic stories overall. Self sacrifice was also a popular theme with these books. I love my precodes but every once in a while these post codes will capture my attention. I call it "Going Postal!" :insane: