• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Wonder how far that one will go for

I'm thinking around $2200-$2400 but could go higher.  It's right on the cusp of "high grade" for that book.  Just TOUGH above 5.0.

22 hours ago, comicjack said:
22 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

Nice looking ST28 on the HA weekly auction.

Wonder how far that one will go for

I think it had already gone north of $1,000 Monday morning when hardly any other lots had any bids. Currently above $1,500.  I'd be surprised if it doesn't clear $3K. 

17 hours ago, Jayman said:

Very nice! When do we start to call you Precode Johnny? hm

I like that! The collector in me loves Precode but the kid in me grew up with Bronze. 

18 hours ago, Jayman said:

I was going to suggest "Atlas Jack"

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

20 hours ago, Jayman said:

I like that! The collector in me loves Precode but the kid in me grew up with Bronze. 

lol I got images of that cereal commercial when I read this! BTW: there are some great stories in that Suspense issue. May want to get a low grade reader to check out. (thumbsu

32 minutes ago, Jayman said:

lol I got images of that cereal commercial when I read this! BTW: there are some great stories in that Suspense issue. May want to get a low grade reader to check out. (thumbsu

Death, and Doctor Parker is one of my all time favorite precode stories. I haven't gotten around to the other stories but intend to do do.

Thanks(thumbsu

4 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Hey, I know the feeling, believe me. Once I discovered the ten-centers though, I was hooked. One of my first buys was a True Comics no. 72 for the princely sum of a buck or two in the mid-70's.

9 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Hey, I know the feeling, believe me. Once I discovered the ten-centers though, I was hooked. One of my first buys was a True Comics no. 72 for the princely sum of a buck or two in the mid-70's.

True. The comics from preceding generations have incredible books just like classic television, music, film, and cars. But there's no stronger connection for me than the "stuff" that came along with my generation. 

3 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

True. The comics from preceding generations have incredible books just like classic television, music, film, and cars. But there's no stronger connection for me than the "stuff" that came along with my generation. 

We all have our own "golden age" yours happens to be bronze. Mine happens to be the dawn of the silver age. Although, I much prefer Golden Age now.

Snagged this in a recent Clink auction for my tracking bid..... talk about a pleasant surprise. Gloss is off the hook with a sharp black spine...... this was always a favorite of the Anderson covers for the publisher.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

NU2Fc1q.jpg

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Snagged this in a recent Clink auction for my tracking bid..... talk about a pleasant surprise. Gloss is off the hook with a sharp black spine...... this was always a favorite of the Anderson covers for the publisher.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

NU2Fc1q.jpg

Very nice Jimbo! ?

And it's good to see this thread bumped again!

Edited by Jayman