• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Recent pick up. Love the subject matter. Any of you Atlas experts know the cover artist?

comjustice67.jpg

1) Atlastales says Kida, but only on a guess.  

2) that is the least threatening cover in the history of crime comics!  :roflmao:"Officer, there's kids outside... LOITERING!!!

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Yeah but they have those rebel “cuffed up jeans”! Definite sign of juvenile delinquency! :gossip:

Back then, they would be smoking reefer and stealing hub caps.

Now days, they would be a rock-a-billy band.

I remember in high school the old fuddy duddy teachers calling our Levis "dungarees". They forbid rips and rolled up cuffs so we just patched up our bell bottoms.

My dad who was an LAPD photographer asked me and my brother what was wrong with us? We asked why? He said, "I work my butt off for you kids and all you want to do is look homeless". God bless him though, unless we got caught doing something wrong he never made us get haircuts and let us dress the way we wanted.

5 hours ago, buttock said:

1) Atlastales says Kida, but only on a guess.  

Burgos for the inker.  It has to be him or a good inker deliberately swiping his style

Everett pencils.  I'm less confident, but the depth of the scene and the details (e.g. the stairs you can see through the door windows) lead me to think it's him.  

12 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Burgos for the inker.  It has to be him or a good inker deliberately swiping his style

Everett pencils.  I'm less confident, but the depth of the scene and the details (e.g. the stairs you can see through the door windows) lead me to think it's him.  

The inks look too clean for Burgos to me.  His were more chaotic.  Like JC Coll, only with less intent.  

The guy facing the cop directly, reddish blond hair with the flat top, his face seems tellingly, but I think it's the lack of detail that makes it stand out and look like Toth.  I think that's a red herring. 

The font where it says "stationary" has an Everett feel too, but I would be reluctant to use a font as an identifier.  

Severin drew most of the covers leading up to this one.  This is clean enough and has his stiff feel, but the art doesn't quite match and he typically signed.  

I don't see Kida at all.