• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness - Round of 48
4 4

240 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah same. I’m not sure where he hails from hopefully he isn’t ill. Or someone in his family isn’t ill. Or that he was travelling and got stuck somewhere. Basically hope he and his family are ok atm.

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah same. I’m not sure where he hails from hopefully he isn’t ill. Or someone in his family isn’t ill. Or that he was travelling and got stuck somewhere. Basically hope he and his family are ok atm.

His profile says Buffalo, NY.  NY is pretty high on the impact list, roughly 1400, not sure how that breaks down in the state overall though.  I am hoping it is just travel hold ups. :wishluck:

53 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

His profile says Buffalo, NY.  NY is pretty high on the impact list, roughly 1400, not sure how that breaks down in the state overall though.  I am hoping it is just travel hold ups. :wishluck:

His area has 6 cases of COVID-19 and western NY before Syracuse has 16 more cases. Beyond Syracuse, it is over 1300 cases - most in NYC, White Plains, Yonkers and Long Island.

I hope nothing happens to him and his family.

3 hours ago, Crops068 said:

At this point has anyone heard from @BlowUpTheMoon?  I hope he is ok!

hopefully he is ok at this point as well... the situation across the world even in Canada is rapidly changing by the hour... 

9 minutes ago, comicquant said:

My step-sister lives in North Bay Ontario and just texted me they declared Ontario in a state of emergency.

yeah it was declared this morning with our first death a 77 year old so 1 death out of 177 cases I think it was at.... hard to keep track when every few hours you see a new total.

they are pretty much closing all dine in restaurants and bars, only allowing delivery and take out and closing all events, theatres. etc.. and trying to encourage not to gather in crowds bigger than 50 people.

I think the state of emergency declaration is to make the suggestions of recommendations by Health Canada rules now.

I think it will change rapidly here.  

7 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah it was declared this morning with our first death a 77 year old so 1 death out of 177 cases I think it was at.... hard to keep track when every few hours you see a new total.

they are pretty much closing all dine in restaurants and bars, only allowing delivery and take out and closing all events, theatres. etc.. and trying to encourage not to gather in crowds bigger than 50 people.

I think the state of emergency declaration is to make the suggestions of recommendations by Health Canada rules now.

I think it will change rapidly here.  

I've got family in North Bay and Stratford and they both were thinking it was coming any moment.  My step-sister has a restaurant in North Bay and she closed the doors yesterday.  It was a tough choice but looks like she made the right decision.  My mom and step-dad (very much in the "elderly" category) are now taking the initiative much more seriously.