• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I'm so pleased and excited to add this book to my collection. I've always loved these early single-digit Supermans (hey, apparently I'm not the only one! hm ), and #4 has always been one of my favorites...when I saw this one I knew it was a perfect upgrade copy for me. This was graded a CGC 1.8 due to a small strip missing on the back cover and a few pieces of tape on the inside covers. I love the eye appeal...hard to believe it didn't eke out a 2.0 at least. (A shout out to Ken Danker/monsterscollectibles...he was a great fellow to work with. Thank you, Ken!)

supe4frontbig.jpg

:applause: Nicely done Jon!

One of my grails....was able to get a beautiful (restored) copy at Megacon today :cloud9:

Superman24front2.jpg

Superman24back.jpg

Congrads on that great book. So many great early Sup covers but this #24 along with Superman #14 and Superman #17 are my top three classics of the run.

- Hank

I'm so pleased and excited to add this book to my collection. I've always loved these early single-digit Supermans (hey, apparently I'm not the only one! hm ), and #4 has always been one of my favorites...when I saw this one I knew it was a perfect upgrade copy for me. This was graded a CGC 1.8 due to a small strip missing on the back cover and a few pieces of tape on the inside covers. I love the eye appeal...hard to believe it didn't eke out a 2.0 at least. (A shout out to Ken Danker/monsterscollectibles...he was a great fellow to work with. Thank you, Ken!)

supe4frontbig.jpg

Nicely done! The cover composition's got some Action Comics #1 to it, doesn't it?

supe4frontbig.jpg

that one looks much better than a .5

congrats

Thanks all....I bought this sight unseen as I jumped on it before they had a scan up but I was hoping the book would have a clean look with the nice page quality. I was very relieved when they sent me the scans today ^^

Thanks all....I bought this sight unseen as I jumped on it before they had a scan up but I was hoping the book would have a clean look with the nice page quality. I was very relieved when they sent me the scans today ^^

That is a killer #13! Looks even better than 6.0! :applause:

One of over 20 Superman comics from the Williamsport collection in 9.0 or better I kept for myself.

Jack

SuperMan98CGC92.jpg

very very tough to find them in that grade!

SuperMan95CGC90.jpg

Thanks. My wife says I should keep everything I have left. That was very unusual for her I thought. Probably good advice though.

I hated to give up the Batman run, I got some of my money back and managed to keep a few issues I liked such as the #59 in 9.4 and the #92 CGC 9.0 double cover.

With two kids in college, something had to go. Heritage did a nice job with them. Here's another from the Williamsport find.

Jack