• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Well I bought my first GA Action off Borock and waited a whole 5 hours I think before I bought another one to upgrade the PQ. Is this a sign I am going to get the Action bug? Maybe a sign that I will become a PQ snob :grin: . Oh well, at least now I can post something in the greedy SOB thread. :banana:

Mike

Action91front.jpg

Action91owpages.jpg

Ain't that a great cover!!!!??? Congrats!!

action91.jpg

Edited by fishbone

Well I bought my first GA Action off Borock and waited a whole 5 hours I think before I bought another one to upgrade the PQ. Is this a sign I am going to get the Action bug? Maybe a sign that I will become a PQ snob :grin: . Oh well, at least now I can post something in the greedy SOB thread. :banana:

Mike

Action91front.jpg

Action91owpages.jpg

Both very nice, but the colors on that second copy are :o

Mike

Action91front.jpg

Action91owpages.jpg

Ain't that a great cover!!!!??? Congrats!!

action91.jpg

Very cool Mike! :applause: As long as we are posting #91's

action91new.jpg

Action is one of those titles that sucker punches you. I am not a huge Superman fan at all, but there is something Magic about Pre 1950 Actions, and especially big logo covers. I am drawn to them like a moth to the bulb.

I agree 100%! I don't really care for Superman, but many of the WW2 era Action covers and Superman covers are really awesome. Plus they're a great conversation piece when people come over and you run out of things to talk about! :insane:

Since we are speaking of those Actions with those "big logo" covers which I just love, here is one that drawn me in with that hyponotic 'lime green' cover when I first saw it and said I had to have it - HANK

87ACTION.jpg

Wow! Very nice! :applause: This issue is hard to find above 6.0 I have been looking for 4 years for one now.

Since we are speaking of those Actions with those "big logo" covers which I just love, here is one that drawn me in with that hyponotic 'lime green' cover when I first saw it and said I had to have it - HANK

87ACTION.jpg

. :o :o :o

Edited by fishbone

I have a low grade Action #123, but then a few years ago Overstreet decided that Superman #30 was really the first time that Superman flies, so I decided to pick up this White pager (I would have thought that the first time Superman flies would be a little bigger deal, but maybe it's not because it's not really clear cut, and it just sort of started happening?)...

Superman-30-92_large.jpg