• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Nice pickup i'm not to keen on the oversized cases either.Still you can't go wrong with Sups.

Edited by comicjack

Group shot!

null_zps2b88b5a0.jpg

Great lineup. One of the interesting things about this run is that if you look at issue #8 you will see that it has the refiined Superman logo, then #9 has a cruder logo, followed by the refined logo on subsequent issues.

I attribute this to them working so fast they just grabbed the old logo and didn't realize it!

Group shot!

Great lineup. One of the interesting things about this run is that if you look at issue #8 you will see that it has the refiined Superman logo, then #9 has a cruder logo, followed by the refined logo on subsequent issues.

I attribute this to them working so fast they just grabbed the old logo and didn't realize it!

My very first post in this forum (back in 2005!) was asking this same question -- why the Superman logo jumped back and forth between different hand-drawn versions across the #1-10 run. I could buy the logo on #9 as just a near miss of the 'regular' logo, but the crude logo drawn for #4 and #5 is particularly weird... It's still kind of a mystery to me.