• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Here's my first Action purchase in probably 6 months. I don't know what took me so long. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifI I bought it as a 4.0. Cool Shuster cover (at least I think so).

Action22a.jpg

this is the one from Metro, no? I almost bought this last year. Nice pickup! I'd call it a 4.0/3.5- is it not?

Thanks everyone for the comments. Yeah Matt, its from Metro. It is about a 3.5/4.0, and I'd lean toward 4.0. Since I can't find any nice war covers lately, I was happy to pick up this one.

One a side not, I think some Shuster covers should be given the classic designation as he's been overlooked. I'm not saying #22 is a classic, but maybe covers like 13 or 17. cloud9.gif

Schuster always drew Superman too small, IMO.

I think your 22 is from the same collection as my 15. Same coloring, same type of damage. Is your 22 super flat and clean, with most of the gloss gone? any interior tape?

It might be from the same collection, but I didn't find any tape in the book. It is flat and very clean like you mention. However, there is a good amount of gloss left.

Here's my earliest Action. I've posted it before in some other thread, but that was quite a while ago. Sorry for the small scan, I've tried everything but can't enlarge it. I'm going to have to re-scan it at some point to get a better image. Anyway here is it:

85af7ba6.jpg