• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

3-way race to #13, eh?

It comes up for sale so infrequently, it helps to have friends on the lookout for you.

Of course they're all hard to find, but relative to each other, I've seen more copies of Action 2-6 for sale than 7-13 for some reason. At least that's been my experience.

3-way race to #13, eh?

It comes up for sale so infrequently, it helps to have friends on the lookout for you.

Of course they're all hard to find, but relative to each other, I've seen more copies of Action 2-6 for sale than 7-13 for some reason. At least that's been my experience.

totally agree.

Alton- For comparison's sake on that #8, I watched a back coverless #9 finish at over $1k last year, so that price isn't at all crazy. Check out his #19, too. Worth making a lowball offer on, perhaps...

here's a number 8, but man, is it rough looking.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-Comics-8-1939...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've looked at that listing before as well. I've given it slight consideration, but an accumulation of defects: dark pages, incomplete, & tape make it kind of tough. I'd like a book to have at least a couple redeming qualities. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it does sell close to the asking price due to the rarity.

I was just looking at the census. The HGC of Action #13 is only a 7.0!

Only 7 copies certified unrestored, and five of those are 4.0 or lower.

I wonder what the extent of the resto is on the 8.5 copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif