• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I bought my #17 as a raw 2.5 and sure enough it graded out that way. I remember seeing a copy of Action 14 that had "Billy York" written on it as well. Can anyone find the "error" on the cgc label?

I can, I sent you a PM with my guess, I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

thedude is correct! Good catch, you know your Actions.

I have no proof, but I suspect Newt was in the cgc quality control dept the day my book was graded. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Actually I've seen other #17s with the same error.

hahaha 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif that's funny !!

please tell me they don't let Newt near the Golden Age books. crazy.gif

I bought my #17 as a raw 2.5 and sure enough it graded out that way. I remember seeing a copy of Action 14 that had "Billy York" written on it as well. Can anyone find the "error" on the cgc label?

What's the error? PM me with it if you don't want to give it away.. (Is this not the 5th Superman cover?)

Shawn

What's the error? PM me with it if you don't want to give it away.. (Is this not the 5th Superman cover?)

Shawn

Sure I'll reveal it here. Action 17 is actually the 6th Superman cover. The previous five are: 1, 7, 10, 13, 15.

this is my #63 that I just got back from PGX, it's the first book I've ever sent to PGX, and so far, I can say I'm very happy with their service, quick return time, nice inner well design (no SCS), I'm happy with the grade as well, this one I got from my LCS, it's a really nice copy except for the cover is detached, it's one of those WWII one staple issues, if the cover was attached it may have been a 6.0 or so, who knows, this is one of my top 3 favorite Action war covers, love this book.

ActionComics63.jpg

Edited by thedude

thanks guys, yeah when I saw it on the back wall at my LCS, I was like wow, this thing is a really nice book, then the owner told me that the cover was detached, and I was like "ah man", but then I just kept looking, and the pages were nice too, I feel they are white, but obviously they are off-white to white according to PGX, and the back cover is clean, he wanted $300, but I offered him $200 (thinking that he would counter with $250, but he didn't,)

he said since the cover was detached that he would take $200, so then I just couldn't pass it up, plus if I ever upgrade I'm fairly sure I could get my investment back on this one.