• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

not really "new" to my collection since I got this at Wizard World Chicago 3 months back, but I haven't scanned it until now, the case has a hairline crack at the top, which has happened since I've had it, CGC needs tougher cases,. mad.gif

7.0 w/white pages cloud9.gif

Superman24.jpg

Edited by thedude

Man that #12 looks kinda......well....hmmmm.......Village People. Don't get me wrong, I just think Supes should have had a manager to keep him off that particular cover. Hehehheeheh.

With that cover as an exception, this thread is seriously making me reconsider collecting the Big Red Cheese and going for The Big Blue Boy Scout.

Edited by Timulty

Man that #12 looks kinda......well....hmmmm.......Village People. Don't get me wrong, I just think Supes should have had a manager to keep him off that particular cover. Hehehheeheh.

With that cover as an exception, this thread is seriously making me reconsider collecting the Big Red Cheese and going for The Big Blue Boy Scout.

why not collect both ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Money, my friend. Money. I have so far devoted only a small amount to my CMA collection. So, I could sell and switch except....Well, I snagged a Crowley and a Mile High. Eh, what you going to do. I am however adding Superman 14 to my want list. I figure, I will never pony up the cash for a #1 and besides that cover #14 is my favorite.

I was being silly in my response about collecting both, I know GA titles costs thousands of dollars sometimes, I think your solution is a good one, keeping with the collecting of Captain Marvel and adding certain issues which you like from Superman,

I have the reverse dilema, I am mainly a Superman collector, but I've seen a few classic Captain Marvel covers/issues that I would LOVE to own someday..

like....Captain Marvel Adventures #17

Master Comics #30

and what's the one where CM on the cover in a billowing cloud of smoke with the lighting bolts striking around him, and it just says "Shazam"... yeah those are great CM covers...

You should look over #27 and #4 of CMA. Those be really nice. I kinda picked Cap based on the fact that I could relate to him better. Funny, why we pick our comics. If I were smart, I would just pick up comics on the Overstreet 100 but I feel Whiz Comics and CMA's as well as Police and Plastic Man(Quality) are under rated. Now, the non-superman Actions those are really sharp too. I just figure, I will get to collecting Superman when I get to that $100K per annum job.

Edited by Timulty

"I just figure, I will get to collecting Superman when I get to that $100K per annum job."

you and me both brother, I was so hoping to win that Powerball lottery yesterday... sorry.gif

Edited by thedude

that's a very nice looking 3.0 Durden08, great eye appeal, and of course one of the best war covers in the Action Comics run..I love it, I need to get me one..

glad you posted it, great to finally see it..I don't mind the big scan, the bigger the better.. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by thedude

I think both our #43 & #44 have nice eye appeal for the grade. I've seen some other 3.0-4.5 golden age books look downright awful. Eye appeal if a huge factor in my decision to purchase a book, more so than the actual cgc grade.