• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Mind you, I don't collect Superman. I'm just collecting as many of the comics on the Gerber book covers as my budget and access will allow.

So, how do you guys decide which Superman or Action Comics to get? I mean, it's an expenseive prospect no matter what you do.

I just acquired a G+ Superman #5 which prompted me to flip through the Gerbers looking at the other Supes covers. I found myself saying "I want this one. Oh, and this one too. Oh, that's a cool cover. So is that one too." Which then became "Maybe I'll collect the Patriotic covers. Oh, and the War covers too." And then I was on to the Actions... "Oh, that's one's SWEET! Yes, I must get some Actions too..."

My head is still spinning.

I've narrowed my selection down to the vehicle lifting covers.

There was a Lost Valley 3.0 copy of Action #30 listed on Comiclink for quite a while. But I just looked and it's not there anymore.

I've always liked the Zatara cover of #12 with the rocketship. thumbsup2.gif

I've narrowed my selection down to the vehicle lifting covers.

I've always liked those as well. I have Action #17, 22, & 30 which I think all qualify.

As far as how I narrow my collecting focus, it isn't easy. With a limited budget, I decided to focus on Action Comics #20 & under and then the war covers only from #21 up. I also have a few other random issues on my wish list mostly due to the cool covers, characters, etc (like Superman #3, U.S.A. #7 and others). That being said, I still break from my focus from time to time when I see a good deal on a nice book.

That's a beauty. Definitely a keeper. thumbsup2.gif

No, it's hideous looking. You've gotta get rid of that piece of garbage.

I'm willing, out of the kindness of my heart, to take it off your hands immediately.

Act now, that thing is so ugly is might make all your other comics ugly! 893whatthe.gif

My babies (as per the Relative Scarcity of Action 1-20 thread).

action12.jpg

Action #12 is my favorite non-Superman Action. It has such a great SciFi feel to it. Congrats. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks.

I'm realistic enough to know that nothing is a keeper forever, but this genuinely would be the last book I'd ever sell. cloud9.gif

They're part of a small Action collection! The primary aim is to do 11-20 and then go back as far as I can (realistically, to about 8).

I do love those Zatara covers, although I also like the other non-Superman covers too. I particulalry like 12 as it has Zatara, SF and also is the first non-Superman cover with Superman on the cover. A great combination!