• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

cause "classic" denotes a familiarity. That doesnt necessarily mean just a "great" cover if the image isnt well known or transcends the genre of signify the character. Here Superman is hitting an airplane with a charactered Jap pilot. (not 'classic-worthy" to me).

Compare this to the Classic Superman 14 or 24 with teh American flag. Those are Classics. I think this is just a dammed good cover with a lot of power to it.

I see what your saying, and I definitely agree on Supes 14 and 24, but if Action #36 (robot cover) can get the "classic" designation, I don't see why a few well known war covers can't. I don't think it "denotes a familiarity" as much as some other covers, maybe people just really like robots.

right. Its the robot that earned the classic designation. Robot are a collecting genre of their own, and that Superman cover was a pretty early robot appearance in americana. I think thats why it was earmarked as "special" many years ago.

cause "classic" denotes a familiarity. That doesnt necessarily mean just a "great" cover if the image isnt well known or transcends the genre of signify the character. Here Superman is hitting an airplane with a charactered Jap pilot. (not 'classic-worthy" to me).

Compare this to the Classic Superman 14 or 24 with teh American flag. Those are Classics. I think this is just a dammed good cover with a lot of power to it.

I see what your saying, and I definitely agree on Supes 14 and 24, but if Action #36 (robot cover) can get the "classic" designation, I don't see why a few well known war covers can't. I don't think it "denotes a familiarity" as much as some other covers, maybe people just really like robots.

right. Its the robot that earned the classic designation. Robot are a collecting genre of their own, and that Superman cover was a pretty early robot appearance in americana. I think thats why it was earmarked as "special" many years ago.

Classic or not, will someone put up the damn "classic" #36 for sale already.....come on, I need it!!

Thanks guys! It's seems good to get some war covers. I still have some holes in my #65 through #100 run but, i'll get to them someday.

Is #100 going to be the final stop in the run? Or do you plan to take it all the way to the modern era?

Thanks guys! It's seems good to get some war covers. I still have some holes in my #65 through #100 run but, i'll get to them someday.

Is #100 going to be the final stop in the run? Or do you plan to take it all the way to the modern era?

golden age baby...GOLDEN AGE!

Completist baby....COMPLETIST!

Completist baby....COMPLETIST!

Golden Age completist, then...

Well, I already have 4 nice books above #100 It would be nice to go to at least #158 hm There are some issues I want above #158. I guess I can't anwser your question right now. :grin:

I used to own a copy of this book but, had to sell it nearly 4 years ago.

This is the Detroit Trolley copy.

action28and96001.jpg

I just found out that this book graded a 7.0 off white-white pages. :banana: The pic I posted really doesn't do the book justice. I'll post the results of all 7 books I submitted when they are graded. I used coupons for some so they wern't all graded together.