• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 9:56 PM, ageofsilver said:

I’m with you, Eric. Star Hawkins, Space Museum and Star Rovers were skillfully written and featured wonderful artwork. Just the sort of thing which a juvenile boy could look forward to; every third issue. True days of wonder…

The rotating feature era is definitely a highlight, although I also like the various "when we feel like them" characters, like the Faceless Creature, Animal Man, Immortal Man, and Enchantress.  And, of course, Deadman remains a classic. 

I tend to think the weakest part of the run is from about 50-100, where they don't really have much in the way of recurring features.  Although even then Darwin Jones pops up occasionally.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, OtherEric said:

Strange_Adventures_182.jpg

Strange_Adventures_183.jpg

Strange_Adventures_185.jpg

Strange_Adventures_186.jpg

Strange_Adventures_188.jpg

“Gorilla Witch!” Bernard Bailey did this great cover perhaps as a homage to the precode era when his artwork stood at the apex of the horror genre. Precode horror meets “DC’s Apes.” I’d love to see the Gorilla Witch show up as a horror host in an anthology book and tv series on Shudder. Maybe Bob Burns can put on the suit he used as Kong in the original Ghost Busters and play the Gorilla Witch? Bring on the Gorilla Witch and it’s Witch’s Brew!

Edited by bronze johnny