• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2022 at 8:23 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Anyone going after that Strange Adventures 205 CGC 9.2 in the Clink auction? Tough these days to find that book in 9.2 and above. I’m thinking about it, but might just stick with my 9.0 for now 🤔. Also selling several of my other Strange Adventures books in the auction, but they’re pretty weak at the moment with little time left. Starting to wonder if Comiclink maybe isn’t the best outlet for these books.

I wish you luck, but I think Strange Adventures is still a very hit or miss title, with a lot of books not in high demand.  Although that's changing somewhat these days, it's still early in the process compared to a lot of better known titles.

Which is good for me, I'm filling in lots of the issues still before it goes completely crazy... which I think it will.  Too many noteworthy creators and characters and great covers to keep being ignored forever, even if they're low enough profile that it took people a long time to realize it.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:25 PM, OtherEric said:

I wish you luck, but I think Strange Adventures is still a very hit or miss title, with a lot of books not in high demand.  Although that's changing somewhat these days, it's still early in the process compared to a lot of better known titles.

Which is good for me, I'm filling in lots of the issues still before it goes completely crazy... which I think it will.  Too many noteworthy creators and characters and great covers to keep being ignored forever, even if they're low enough profile that it took people a long time to realize it.

Yeah you’re 100% right. Comparatively to Planet Comics and I don’t know, maybe Weird Science additionally 🤔, it’s just not there yet, not even close. And yet some amazing art by the likes of Kane, Infantino, Anderson and Toth, some pretty big players. It seems to be on par with the appreciation and sales of Mystery in Space from what I’ve gathered.

Keep snatching up affordable issues because I agree, that may become much tougher in the future.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Very solid, damn I'm impressed! I saw a CGC 9.4 sell on the Comiclink exchange 6 months to a year ago for pretty much this same price.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 5.41.04 PM.png

Impressive indeed.  There are 44 copies in that grade or higher on the census, so it's not like it's insanely scarce in that grade.  I do wonder what one of the 2 9.6's would do, or what a 9.8 could pull if one ever gets graded.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, OtherEric said:

Impressive indeed.  There are 44 copies in that grade or higher on the census, so it's not like it's insanely scarce in that grade.  I do wonder what one of the 2 9.6's would do, or what a 9.8 could pull if one ever gets graded.

No not super scarce by any means, but still very rare for some reason. And just in the sense you don’t really see them come up for sale. There was two 9.0’s on eBay for a while a year or two ago, I jumped on one. But I never see copies of this above an 8.5 really ever come up for sale in no reserve auction. So 100% not scarce in numbers, well somewhat rare, but people seem to hold onto their copies. Yeah if 9.2 is over $6K now, thinking one of the 9.6’s is somewhere in the $17K-$20K range. A 9.8, were a single copy ever graded, easily in the $40K-50K range, imop. Also, I just feel Deadman is a super under appreciated character. Soo much room for growth, especially issues 2008-216, which don’t sell for much in higher grade. Except issue 211, just considerably rarer than the others. But yeah, a DC tv series or movie, and these all skyrocket.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Well here's where my two books are at and I honestly have no clue where they may finish. Any guesses? My Strange Adventures #79 CGC 5.5 sold for $750 by comparison, and there's only @zzutak's single 9.0, 1 8.0 and 3 other 7.5's by comparison. So rare in high grade.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 3.10.58 PM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/7/2022 at 7:59 AM, MrBedrock said:

strangeadventures23.jpg

That is such a gorgeous copy of a very difficult issue to find.  I would say it is the 2nd most difficult issue to locate, especially in presentable grade.  I was ecstatic when I found this lower grade issue that presents well enough...and it was only $35.  I don't need high grade to be happy...:banana:

49570909837_157a8d68c1_c.jpg

On 6/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Other Eric:  You need to start upgrading your copies while they are still affordable.  Don't thank me now...you will later...lol

To quote a wise collector, “I don’t need high grade to be happy.”  But I appreciate the suggestion. (thumbsu

On 6/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

That is such a gorgeous copy of a very difficult issue to find.  I would say it is the 2nd most difficult issue to locate, especially in presentable grade.  I was ecstatic when I found this lower grade issue that presents well enough...and it was only $35.  I don't need high grade to be happy...:banana:

49570909837_157a8d68c1_c.jpg

That’s a beautiful copy!

Nice solid presenting lower mid grade, and for $35 is honestly a steal. Great colors to!