• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2022 at 1:24 PM, OtherEric said:

I'm not 100% sure decades later, but I think this was the first comic book by Neal Adams I ever owned.  RIP.

Strange_Adventures_215pg.jpg

Was a tough day learning that he passed! Met him a handle of times over the years and always a kind demeanor for me. I had him sign and sketch a Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen 134 (1st Darkseid) many years ago. Really nice copy to! Wish I held onto it 🤦‍♂️😔 SA 215 though, great book to have a memory of with him. One of his earliest key books he worked on and awesome cover!

Wow, impressive sale with this Strange Adventures #23, and only 3rd highest graded with an 8.0 and 8.5 on the census. After sales tax and shipping will be over $1K. Some of these semi-early Captain Comet’s where there’s nothing in the 9.0 and up range sell strong!

434ACB54-8DFB-4BE0-A91A-466A242FE3FA.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

So for anyone here that's been following the Promise Collection Pedigree, I've been tracking it, waiting for the issues of Strange Adventures to finally get graded. I asked Heritage early on when they announced this pedigree if they had an idea of what issues and approx. grades, and they said it was like the first 11-12 issues and they were all likely super high grade. So far issue #2 has sold and was an 8.0. Now issues #1 and #4 have been graded and are about to sell at auction. Issue #1 came back an 8.0 and issue #4 an 8.5. Anyway, great grades don't get me wrong, but I guess I was expecting to see stuff somewhere at least in the 9's. Considering soo many of the books in general from the collection and from soo many different titles as of the early 40's have come back in the 9.2-9.8 range, just goes to show how tough it is to find new examples of this series in super high grade. But obviously still other issues to potentially come to market so who knows. Would love to see the first 9.8 get graded of issue #9, 1st Captain Comet. That would be a sight to see! Currently there's two 9.6's I believe.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 9.17.36 AM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, MrBedrock said:

Ten more for you...

strangeadventures11.jpg

strangeadventures12.jpg

strangeadventures13.jpg

strangeadventures14.jpg

strangeadventures15.jpg

strangeadventures16.jpg

strangeadventures17.jpg

strangeadventures18.jpg

strangeadventures19.jpg

strangeadventures20.jpg

Lot's of beauties! I see the 'T' on issue #5 in the top left corner. Is that not from a pedigree? I swear I've seen that from a certain pedigree before.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I see the 'T' on issue #5 in the top left corner. Is that not from a pedigree? I swear I've seen that from a certain pedigree before.

The Sideways T Stamp Collection, saved and marked by a collector who was spatially challenged.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:38 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Lot's of beauties! I see the 'T' on issue #5 in the top left corner. Is that not from a pedigree? I swear I've seen that from a certain pedigree before.

There are a handful of really nice 'T' books from the 50s, but not an established pedigree.  I haven't been able to get any information on them.  

On 5/10/2022 at 9:14 PM, buttock said:

There are a handful of really nice 'T' books from the 50s, but not an established pedigree.  I haven't been able to get any information on them.  

Ok interesting, because I just know I’ve seen it on other books. Just assumed it was a ped.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/7/2022 at 7:59 AM, MrBedrock said:

strangeadventures23.jpg

Another strong sale for this issue. Pretty low grade copy for $350. It's soo interesting how much rarer in higher grade Captain Comet issues become from like #23 in this book up to his last appearance in #49. From his first appearance in #9 to like issue #20, almost every single one has copies graded at least in the 9.2-9.4 range with some having 9.6-9.8. Then you get to issue like #22 or #23, and suddenly it's super difficult to find something above an 8.5-9.0 all the way up to his last appearance in #49. I guess it's no wonder one of his later appearances in like CGC 8.0 can sell for as much or more then a high grade copy of an early appearance in say issue #14.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 3.27.52 PM.png

On 5/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, pickycollector said:

Full run of Atomic Knights plus the 2nd app. of Faceless Creature.

I am not a DC fan but I always did love those characters. Too bad they didn't last longer.

Strange Adventures 117.jpg

Strange Adventures 120.jpg

Strange Adventures 123.jpg

Strange Adventures 126.jpg

Strange Adventures 129.jpg

Strange Adventures 132.jpg

Strange Adventures 135.jpg

Strange Adventures 138.jpg

Strange Adventures 141.jpg

Strange Adventures 142.jpg

Strange Adventures 144.jpg

Strange Adventures 147.jpg

Strange Adventures 150.jpg

Strange Adventures 153.jpg

Strange Adventures 156.jpg

Strange Adventures 160.jpg

Issues #150, #160 and additionally #149 have a special place in my heart. Love those doomsday, asteroid/earth ending covers! Your 150 is super nice! I bought a CGC 8.5 years ago and just sold it. Kind of regretting it lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/23/2022 at 1:29 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Issues #150, #160 and additionally #149 have a special place in my heart. Love those doomsday, asteroid/earth ending covers! Your 150 is super nice! I bought a CGC 8.5 years ago and just sold it. Kind of regretting it lol.

I picked up 149 and 150 about 20 years ago, before I decided to collect the title.  5 years ago I bought 160.  All cool covers...and 150 has added appeal as a grey-tone cover.

19909097359_7e66351d95_c.jpg

19909101659_86c1698bdf_c.jpg

32327655610_2d2b2afa7e_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Anyone going after that Strange Adventures 205 CGC 9.2 in the Clink auction? Tough these days to find that book in 9.2 and above. I’m thinking about it, but might just stick with my 9.0 for now 🤔. Also selling several of my other Strange Adventures books in the auction, but they’re pretty weak at the moment with little time left. Starting to wonder if Comiclink maybe isn’t the best outlet for these books.