• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

Issues #1-20 are plentiful in high grade (and you can almost certainly chalk that up to the popularity of this title with experienced/mature pulp collectors).  Things get a whole lot more interesting when you reach the 1954-59 period (where there are typically less than ten certified copies of each issue, and where the average grade of those slabbed copies is typically in the 6.0~7.0 range).  (thumbsu

Edited by zzutak

On 9/29/2022 at 6:05 AM, zzutak said:

Issues #1-20 are plentiful in high grade (and you can almost certainly chalk that up to the popularity of this title with experienced/mature pulp collectors).  Things get a whole lot more interesting when you reach the 1954-59 period (where there are typically less than ten certified copies of each issue, and where the average grade of those slabbed copies is typically in the 6.0~7.0 range).  (thumbsu

And on that note by the way, how the hell do you keep randomly popping up with new super high grade copies in that range???!!! What other raw books yet to be graded are you hiding? haha

On 10/9/2022 at 3:02 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

@OtherEric  How many total SA issues do you have now?

177 of the 244 original issues, the 1990 Harvey Kurtzman's Strange Adventures OGN from Marvel, the 1999 4 issue Vertigo series, the 2004 6 issue JSA Strange Adventures, the 2009 8 issue series (both variants on #1), the 2011 Vertigo one shot (both variants), the 2020 12 issue series (most variants, and the director's cut #1, but not the blank cover or the 2nd prints), and the 2022 Strange Love Adventures one-shot (both variants).

On 10/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, OtherEric said:

177 of the 244 original issues, the 1990 Harvey Kurtzman's Strange Adventures OGN from Marvel, the 1999 4 issue Vertigo series, the 2004 6 issue JSA Strange Adventures, the 2009 8 issue series (both variants on #1), the 2011 Vertigo one shot (both variants), the 2020 12 issue series (most variants, and the director's cut #1, but not the blank cover or the 2nd prints), and the 2022 Strange Love Adventures one-shot (both variants).

I have 146 of the original 244 run.  I'm not trying to get them all (I only want 6 more issues), but I keep buying issues I didn't originally want if they are cheap enough, like that damn #18.  lol  I have 57 issues from 1 to 100. 

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Don’t know if anyones following. But pretty awesome set of the series from @Lee K’s collection selling in the current Focused and upcoming Featured Comiclink auction. Some amazing stuff!

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Strange+Adventures&ItemType=CB

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Ok, now I need to know how one average post man defeated an invading army! lol

I just read it a few days ago, and now I can't even remember what he did.  It's hell to get old...or DC stories are just "forgetable".   (shrug)

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian