• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You're arguing with someone who believes his freedom give him the right to walk through a CV-19 pandemic without following rules laid out by governing health organizations and put others at risk.

You can't have a logical conversation with someone like that.

CFF6594D-352F-47CA-8247-F196D1A51178.gif

17 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I had 6 teenagers and you sound exactly like one. Circular logic, no regard for others.

I've actually thought you were under age since you got here but if you're an adult then I suppose I feel sorry for the people around you.

If you were spouting these things about how you're handling the pandemic with a real name attached you'd probably already be in legal trouble but it's easy to be really macho and idealistic when you're anonymous.

that is a little over the top, and in some ways is the same line of response that you rightfully are annoyed with y others that respond in kind to you. it odes not reach to the issue or move things along.

Just now, wilbil said:

why? the only witness i would call in rebuttal was a governor that did not know what the heck was going on, when everybody else did. i don't see a warrant issued for him. maybe it should have been, but still.....

Most people think he was lying.  Not that hard to prove the subject poster has the requisite knowledge, just need to get his computer records.

3 minutes ago, god503 said:

but regards to the law assuming does mean anything,  the key word is knowingly.  beyond a reasonable dought  the basis of our entire legal system

I'm an attorney.  And for civil liability the starndard is "more likely than not" or "preponderance of the evidence," and "beyond a reasonable doubt" is not that hard to prove.  Our jails and prisons are full.

Just now, sfcityduck said:

I'm an attorney.  And for civil liability the starndard is "more likely than not" or "preponderance of the evidence," and "beyond a reasonable doubt" is not that hard to prove.  Our jails and prisons are full.

Civil liability has a lower threshold than criminal liability...  but we both know that...  right?

Just now, god503 said:

Civil liability has a lower threshold than criminal liability...  but we both know that...  right?

Yes.  And up thread, I am discussing both civil and criminal liability.  

2 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Most people think he was lying.  Not that hard to prove the subject poster has the requisite knowledge, just need to get his computer records.

think is not guilt. we will also be discussing the four freedoms if computer records is the avenue of proof. i get your point, but for the moment, the moral imperative is the best avenue. 

Just now, sfcityduck said:

Yes.  And up thread, I am discussing both civil and criminal liability.  

then my mistake as i was just replying on the criminality aspect.  civil, in my opinion is strictly based on the emotions of 51% of a group of people verses logic based on 100% of the same group.

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

think is not guilt. we will also be discussing the four freedoms if computer records is the avenue of proof. i get your point, but for the moment, the moral imperative is the best avenue. 

Think is guilt if the jury is the one who thinks that.

Computer records are absolutely subject to disclosure in civil and criminal litigation.  I get or produce them in almost every case I litigate.  

I don't know what it's like in the States although I know it's bad according to the news.

We are obviously a tiny country in comparison (UK) and it's real bad over here and getting worse, as it will for a while.

Most people are going about their daily business with good humour for the most part, those who can get out. However the atmosphere is tetchy, and it is tense believe me.

Every now and again you will come across some self-entitled POS who thinks they are above queuing for food and supplies, above social distancing rules, and nothing but nothing, even a killer disease is gonna stop them from conducting their lives as they want to.

These people by the way, are the same people who will literally be crying and begging for health staff to save their lives when and if they contract the virus.

These selfsame selfish humans could also be spreading the virus and endangering other people's lives. For what? For the reason that they really don't give a flying about anyone else.

I said this one phrase in another thread weeks ago....the world is divided into two camps. Those who behave properly in times of great adversity, and those who will be forever d**ks.

8 minutes ago, wilbil said:

that is a little over the top, and in some ways is the same line of response that you rightfully are annoyed with y others that respond in kind to you. it odes not reach to the issue or move things along.

Nah.

He has a history of being abrasive and just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Just now, G G ® said:

I don't know what it's like in the States although I know it's bad according to the news.

We are obviously a tiny country in comparison (UK) and it's real bad over here and getting worse, as it will for a while.

Most people are going about their daily business with good humour for the most part, those who can get out. However the atmosphere is tetchy, and it is tense believe me.

Every now and again you will come across some self-entitled POS who thinks they are above queuing for food and supplies, above social distancing rules, and nothing but nothing, even a killer disease is gonna stop them from conducting their lives as they want to.

These people by the way, are the same people who will literally be crying and begging for health staff to save their lives when and if they contract the virus.

These selfsame selfish humans could also be spreading the virus and endangering other people's lives. For what? For the reason that they really don't give a flying about anyone else.

I said this one phrase in another thread weeks ago....the world is divided into two camps. Those who behave properly in times of great adversity, and those who will be forever d**ks.

My law firm has a large UK presence.  I get frequent bulletins on what is happening there.  I thought QE2 nailed her address, and the applause for health care workers was very inspiring.  The Brits appear to be confronting this crisis as they have many worse crises in living memory (Dunkirk, the Blitz, etc.), with their typical calm and reasoned reserve.  Over here, the populace does not have the family history and role models that are quite common in Britain.  We are much more insulated from the World.  I am proud of how my city, San Francisco, is handling the crisis and I think it has clearly helped.

3 minutes ago, G G ® said:

you will always have those tools no matter what.  Depends on your priorities.  I hope you guys on the other side of the pond stay safe.  I see the fatality rate is not looking so good.  Here in NYC we are packed like sardines coupled with the fact the huge longevity of this virus outside of the body.