• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Professor Chaos So unprofessional

140 posts in this topic

Last word from me on this;

(Non) Buyer and (Non) seller have a virtual handshake (with gloves on of course) and put it down to experience and move on.

We all have far more pressing things to worry about, do we not?

:foryou: 

7 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Last word from me on this;

(Non) Buyer and (Non) seller have a virtual handshake (with gloves on of course) and put it down to experience and move on.

We all have far more pressing things to worry about, do we not?

:foryou: 

There are almost always more important things going on than buying comic books. If someone is selling and somene is buying then we need to deal with these situations. 

Hi, @thehumantorch and @Professor Chaos

I’m sorry for not posting anything in here sooner. I haven’t been on the forums since whenever my post was, and I just received an email when you tagged me in your post. I don’t really want to fan any flames, so I hope everyone will take this as me just laying out what happened from my perspective. First, for what seems to be the most relevant part, Professor did not charge me more or in any way ask me to pay more than the other individual (I forget their username, sorry). He told me what they were going to pay, despite the higher price listed in the post. So he was upfront with me about the other offer and didn’t expect more than that. (I’ve never bought here before, but in other marketplaces at least, I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen.)

For the rest: Professor originally told me the item was no longer available because someone else was purchasing it. It wasn’t until the next day, I believe, that he reached out to me and said that he was going to be refunding them because their PayPal address didn’t match where they wanted the item shipped, and then they asked him to send it to an apartment they no longer lived at. I obviously wasn’t the one who had to be the judge of that, but it made sense to me. “Being someone who’s not used to these forums, that would have made me very uneasy about things, too,” is essentially how I responded. Again, this isn’t a slight against the other individual. I have no idea what the circumstances at the apartment are. Maybe they knew the new people moving into their old unit. If I had said I only accepted PayPal and the same facts were before me, though, I think I would have done the same thing.

So in the end, from my perspective, everything made sense and Professor seemed as honorable as anyone could be. And I’m sure the other person is, too. I don’t think anyone really did anything wrong here.

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

To kairos.

It was stated in the thread "PayPal Only". I do not have to offer another method. And I think it goes without saying that it must be delivered to an address that matches the one on paypal.  Nobody in their right mind would send something to a different address than whats on the paypal account  regardless of what you say board rules are. In this case however he openly said that he does not live at the address on his paypal anymore. Common sense tells me that is not acceptable either.

And there was discussion before I refunded the money to him, He posted the private text message of me telling him that right here on page one. I told him I was going to refund his money. And based on his reaction to me refunding his money I will not proceed with him anymore. I think I have the right to make that decision. And if I don't according to board rules then so be it.

This is silly how many people use other people’s address to have their items delivered because it might be a safer location than their own To have their package delivered. Some people don’t live in a safe neighborhood and have their packages delivered to their brothers address, their jobs etc. Then he went about without notifying me at all that the deal was off. To find out that the he canceled the deal I had to reach out to him to find out. I reached out for a tracking number and found out that he had canceled the deal. Didn’t give me any options.

Edited by J2dac

1 hour ago, cgc_navigator said:

I don’t think anyone really did anything wrong here.

Oh, yeah the seller did wrong. Absolutely wrong. Vacillating between two buyers to see who was the safer bet instead of honoring the first "I'll take it" that rules the boards. J2dac claimed the item and should have been the one Professor Chaos should have taken time to work things out with even with the address discrepancy. CGC_navigator's "I'll take it" is totally invalid and shady on the sellers part.

At the end of the day I don’t care that he did not sell the book to me but how unprofessionally he went about doing so. He didn’t even have the courtesy to let me know that the deal was off and when I found out he basically said beat it I’m not selling you the book. I have never seen this done before. I have made deals on eBay, Facebook, Instagram, in person at comicCon, comic book stores etc. My eBay account Which was the original contact point with the seller has sold comic for over $10,000 and has 100% rating. Being that this was the first time I use this board To buy a book which he suggested to purchase the item I wondered what’s the point of making a deal on this board if you can just pull out and not even tell the buyer?

Edited by J2dac

One other thing is that he keeps saying he doesn’t know who I am. He knows my eBay acoout, He knows my name and both my old address and my new address. He said himself on this board that he knows I’m older then him cause he “looked me up.” So now he knows so much about me. He is not Courteous he is unprofessional and if he gets cold feet Or sellers Remorse he will back out of the deal without notice.

Edited by J2dac

Ok so let’s say he was feeling uneasy about that whole address thing Even though I told him it was fine to ship to PayPal address. There are many other ways to complete this transaction as stated on the chat (check, money order, Venmo, quickpay) He lives in NJ I would have just gone to pick it up as I have done many times in the past. I feel he gotten other better option for the book and was looking for an exit because if he didn’t why wouldn’t he even try to work it out with me. I even told him via text that this looks bad on his end but he did not care.

Edited by J2dac

7 minutes ago, J2dac said:

He is not Courteous he is unprofessional and if he gets cold feet Or sellers Remorse he will back out of the deal without notice.

This is what I feel is the biggest offense. 

If the seller was truly uneasy about the wrong address (and I'm not convinced that's the case), he has the right to protect his assets. 

But be owed you honest up front communication. He should have told you he was canceling the order and respectfully explained his concerns. 

The combative nature of the seller with the buyer and virtually everyone who's weighed in is what I take issue with. 

Your entitled to feel uneasy about the address issue, but there is an expected etiquette for carrying out transactions on the boards. 

After my early post in this thread yesterday I got a p.m. from chaos. I expected it to be Over the top but he was very calm and pleasant in The PM exchange So he’s not an irrational and emotional nutjob

9 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

The combative nature of the seller with the buyer and virtually everyone who's weighed in is what I take issue with. 

Same here. Regarding this mess, I honestly don't know who is in the wrong. I don't know if either of the parties is in the wrong. What I do know is that there is a way to handle a dispute and the combative attitude of the seller is not the right way. Speaks volumes. I know we're all human and emotions are in play but we've had sellers take this type of attitude before and it cost them sales. 

Edited by Jëffrö...

7 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

We've been through this before, and people hammered the guy to show the comic to prove it was still in his possession. It was the guy who said he "misplaced" the comic at the time, maybe an ASM? Anyone remember that thread?

i thought that thread was epic. He also just happened to have just removed every single picture from his computer to free up space. 

24 minutes ago, Bird said:

After my early post in this thread yesterday I got a p.m. from chaos. I expected it to be Over the top but he was very calm and pleasant in The PM exchange So he’s not an irrational and emotional nutjob

I recieved one as well (which I appreciate as I was asking questions). And he was also calm and pleasant. I have no idea why he isn't like that in this thread. 

Edited by wombat

Well the issue with the address could have been easily addressed. To have a confirmed address  the paypal shipping address and the credit card on file have to have matching addresses for the member. Just changing those addresses so they match can rectify the situation. Merely a clerical issue. I don't get any vibes that J2dac is or was trying to pull a scam over the Professor.

Edited by kairos70

5 hours ago, cgc_navigator said:

Hi, @thehumantorch and @Professor Chaos

I’m sorry for not posting anything in here sooner. I haven’t been on the forums since whenever my post was, and I just received an email when you tagged me in your post. I don’t really want to fan any flames, so I hope everyone will take this as me just laying out what happened from my perspective. First, for what seems to be the most relevant part, Professor did not charge me more or in any way ask me to pay more than the other individual (I forget their username, sorry). He told me what they were going to pay, despite the higher price listed in the post. So he was upfront with me about the other offer and didn’t expect more than that. (I’ve never bought here before, but in other marketplaces at least, I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen.)

For the rest: Professor originally told me the item was no longer available because someone else was purchasing it. It wasn’t until the next day, I believe, that he reached out to me and said that he was going to be refunding them because their PayPal address didn’t match where they wanted the item shipped, and then they asked him to send it to an apartment they no longer lived at. I obviously wasn’t the one who had to be the judge of that, but it made sense to me. “Being someone who’s not used to these forums, that would have made me very uneasy about things, too,” is essentially how I responded. Again, this isn’t a slight against the other individual. I have no idea what the circumstances at the apartment are. Maybe they knew the new people moving into their old unit. If I had said I only accepted PayPal and the same facts were before me, though, I think I would have done the same thing.

So in the end, from my perspective, everything made sense and Professor seemed as honorable as anyone could be. And I’m sure the other person is, too. I don’t think anyone really did anything wrong here.

Thanks cgc_navigator.  Sorry to drag you into this.  We do appreciate the additional information.

Welcome to the boards.