• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Jumbo #78 Aug 1945

Nice Baker Sky Girl story as well as a lot of other great Friction House GGA

Nice, rich color on this one. Has some light spine wear, a few light creases and small edge tears. Centerfold has one side a little ragged because it is neatly detached. Single staple is still well attached. No pieces missing. Yellowed but supple interior paper.

$45.

jumbo78a.jpg

:takeit:

Well now, that was weird... I was just about to submit my next book and the sight went down for me. I was apparently slapped for a "political post". Had to say I would be a good robot and behave myself. Guess my "standing" just took a slip...:roflmao:

Justice #41 Nov 1953

Classic Electric Chair cover! Art by Tuska, Robinson and I believe Robert Q Sale.

Spine is a bit of a mess. Splits, tears but surprisingly still pretty well attached. Pieces out of back cover which doesn't matter a whole lot unless you want to send in the coupon to sell Christmas cards...:roflmao: Book is bound very slightly off kilter. Grease pencil arrival date in center. Bright, very glossy and nothing to mar this disturbing image. Fresh off white to white interior pages.

Was $35.   Now $30.

justice1.jpg

justice2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

If I happen to suddenly disappear don't think I have passed away or stiffed anyone. Hopefully this won't be the case...

We'll just assume your getting your pepe spanked.

Strange Adventures #82 July 1957

Annother nice one from this bunch. Smooth, tight spine. Great color and gloss. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Has a small water spot in back cover at slightly discolored staple. Tiny foxing spot in upper and bottom left corner of back cover. Very slight spine bend at bottom staple. Book and centerfold snugly bound to covers. Slightly yellowed interior paper. A pretty copy.

Was $55.  Now $48!

strangeadvs82a.jpg

strangeadvs82b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Gene Autry Adventure Comics 1947 Pillsbury Pancake Mix Giveaway

Comic stories plus games and activities on every page. Fun book. Kind of scarce.

6-1/2" x 8" 32 pages on newsprint

Real nice copy with only a slight amount of "dirt" to covers. Tiny tear in upper left corner of spine. Tight, and well bound. No other tears or creases.

Was $45.  Now $35.

geneautry1.jpg

geneautry2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Walt Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Four Color #614 1954

One great shark cover. Great book I read as a kid that I got from a neighbor's older brother.

Lots of spine nicks. Corners and right edge show a little wear. A couple small creases. Everything well bound and nice interior paper.

Just paid up for the River City copy or I'd be keeping it.

$15.

20,000leagues1.jpg

20,000leagues2.jpg

OK, you know I just have to do it...

1950's kid's beanie loaded with 7 vintage Hopalong Cassidy pinback buttons. Beanie is made of felt and nice shape. Does have a couple light glue? stains on back. Buttons are all excellent shape and from the Hoppy Savings Club (early 1950's). Got this at an estate sale a few years ago and am selling it intact as I found it.

$60. (less than 10 bucks a pin + free hat!)

toyhoppybeanie1.jpg

toyhoppybeanie2.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Tippy's friends Go-Go and Animal #7 Dec 1967

Fun Sabrina the Witch like series. Great Rock 'n Roll Halloween cover!

Numerous small spine bends and nicks. Small lower right corner crease. A little light staining. Very solid and tight. No tears, missing pieces or other creases. Fresh interior pages. Of note... a cute little inscription at bottom of splash page " To Benny with love Susan Brown"...:x

$15.

gogo1.jpg

gogo2.jpg

I'll take it! 

Boy Commandos #24 Nov-Dec 1947

Classic Simon & Kirby Superman parody cover. !st one? Underrated and sadly un-loved a bit these days. I actually like the series and this is my favorite cover.

Has some minor spine,and edge tears. Wear at corners. No splits or missing pieces just average general wear. Bright and clean. Everything well attached. Nice, supple interior paper. Don't see this one as much as people tend to keep this one a little more I guess.

Was $75.   Now $70.

boycommandos1.jpg

boycommandos2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM!

Thrilling Wonder Pulp Winter 1945

Awsome metal wonder bra parachute cover by Earl Bergy!

Nice, square spine with full paper and bright color. Has a small tear at base of spine. Has a few minor edge overhang tears at top and bottom. Upper right corner crease that barely breaks color. Back cover has a few small spots at top corner. Nice, supple interior paper. Out of my personal collection but I might break up with her.

$40.

pulpthrillingwinter1945a.jpg

pulpthrillingwinter1945b.jpg

pulpthrillingwinter1945c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Secret Story #7 June 1954

Great signed Colletta "grey tone" cover!

Spine is very neatly split to bottom staple which is popped. Back cover has a neat horizontal tear all the way across book. Upper right corner has a long crease. A little edge wear but no other tears or creases. No pieces missing or anything that mars this cool cover much. Nice slightly off white interior pages. I've seen a couple nice copies of this go for stupid money. Grab a nicely presenting copy "in the bag" a lot cheaper.

Was $35.  Now $25

secretstory1.jpg

secretstory2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Your United States (only issue) 1946

Used in Seduction of the Innocent on pages 309-310. Why you say? Well, this one has lots of images of slaves in chains, hangings, hot girls and brutaly. Seems just about every state had skeletons in their closets. Fun read if you like American history or want to become a contestant on Jepordy...

A real nice, tight, bright complete copy. Has a little rubbing and dirt and a few very tiny spots. Small letter "R" inked in upper right corner. A little wrinkling. No tears or missing pieces. Smooth, tight spine with everything well bound. Pages are a bit yellowed but very pliable with no interior damage.

Was $40.   Now $35. (If I showed some inside pictures it would probably go)...

yourunitedstates1.jpg

yourunitedstates2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Strange Adventures #95 Aug 1958

A very sharp, bright, clean and glossy copy. No tears or creases. Smooth, tight spine and well attached. Has some light foxing spots in various parts of covers. Nothing real bad or abtrusive but there. Probably can be seen pretty well in photos. Photos have been enhanced a bit to show them. Fresh, off white pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

strangeadventures95a.jpg

strangeadventures95b.jpg

strangeadventures95c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Skeezix at the Circus 1926 Reilly and Lee Co

Fun Platinum Age Book. A truly simpler time. Features a now non PC Black Maid featured in story.

A Nice, clean, tight copy. Has full, tight, well bound cloth spine. A few small scratches and nicks. Inside back cover has a slight tear at top. Nice Christmas inscription from Grandma inside.  Everyone should have a few PA books in their collection especially considering this is almost a hundred years old and so cheap.

Was $30.   Now $20!

skeezixcircus1.jpg

skeezixcircus2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man