• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Incredible Hulk
3 3

321 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any over-sized Hulk books from the mid 70s to very early 80s? 

I had one when I was a kid and I am trying to find what it was.

All I remember is it was over-sized. I can't remember if it was a coloring book. I've searched Hulk coloring books and only see normal sized ones. Whatever it was, I think it told a story with captions at the bottom and I remember the line "Puny humans fear Hulk, hate Hulk". 

On 7/3/2022 at 3:40 PM, HarrisonJohn said:

Does anyone know of any over-sized Hulk books from the mid 70s to very early 80s? 

All I remember is it was over-sized. I can't remember if it was a coloring book. I've searched Hulk coloring books and only see normal sized ones. Whatever it was, I think it told a story with captions at the bottom and I remember the line "Puny humans fear Hulk, hate Hulk". 

I'm sure there are a few treasuries too, but not sure the size we're talking :) 

originally I thought the hulk might have said that when talking to spider-man, but I can't think of the cover, I want to say it had something to do with either the hoover dam or another water dam

On 7/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

originally I thought the hulk might have said that when talking to spider-man, but I can't think of the cover, I want to say it had something to do with either the hoover dam or another water dam

ASM #119? Don’t recall the dam’s name.

Edited by steveinthecity

On 7/3/2022 at 5:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure there are a few treasuries too, but not sure the size we're talking :) 

Yeah it's not a treasury. This is the closest thing I could find to what I think it is similar to https://www.ebay.com/itm/353792850863

It even has the puny human line but it doesn't look familiar to me otherwise. 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, steveinthecity said:

ASM #119? Don’t recall the dam’s name.

I think the dam was #147 or #114, but ya it wasn't that cover. Well I tried

On 7/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, HarrisonJohn said:

Yeah it's not a treasury. This is the closest thing I could find to what I think it is similar to https://www.ebay.com/itm/353792850863

It even has the puny human line but it doesn't look familiar to me otherwise. 

Ah so more coloring book than anything else, I was stuck on the 'phrase' but no wonder 😂

On 7/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, HarrisonJohn said:

So not his magazine series either? hm

On 7/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Here's the ASM #119 cover that shows the dam.  I looked through both #119 and #120 and that line is not in either one.  

ASM - 119.jpg

And as long as I'm asking questions . . . MTD - why the personalized frame? lol

On 7/4/2022 at 8:25 PM, divad said:

Why do you blot your numbers out? hm

Sorry- I didn't see this.

For the tl;dr folks, it's a deterrent for scammers from using images of my slabs in their scams. It just became a habit to do them all.

As for the reason, back in April of 2016 I got a PM from @AL Comics asking if I sold the AF15 CGC 0.5 I purchased here in the sales thread via time-payments (July-Oct 2013) because they noticed a copy with a "G" written on the cover on eBay and recalled my book having the same. Following the provided link, I did see my book listed, but with the images used by the person I purchased it from here on the forum 3 years earlier. Clearly, the scammer went to the thread and clicked back a few years, then copy/pasted the image on eBay. IIRC the account wasn't brand new but didn't have a great deal of history either. Nothing necessarily screaming "scammer", aside from having pics of my book in their sale. The account was probably hacked.

Anyway, it was reported (I think a "report this" type thread was made in CG) and the listing was pulled. Life went on. Maybe three weeks later I was informed again that the listing was back up. Similar name, same image- Reported, pulled.

I was irritated at this point. It's not that I'd be out anything, but I didn't want my book associated in any way with someone being screwed out of thousands. I decided no smart scammer would use an image with the cert# obscured because who in their right mind would buy a book from a listing with only that image? And the scammer would have no idea what the true # is, so anything they provided a mark would (should) be red flagged immediately. 

We have a Hwy in our valley where drivers were required (decades ago) to turn on their headlights through a particular stretch. My mom who was visiting thought people would use up lamps more frequently, and I asked, "Isn't every early burned-out headlamp worth it if it saves just one life?"

She had hopes of me becoming a priest after that, no joke :facepalm:. Anyway, same idea- I can only do my part, and hope it helps.

edit: Oh, and pizz off, scammers (thumbsu

Edited by MR SigS