• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold collecting thread - 2.0!
1 1

183 posts in this topic

Well, ok then.  Actually, my copies of #25 and #26 are not as nice as many of the prior issues I have in the run to date.

#25, which has the first appearance of the Suicide Squad, is a little pricey in comparison to the issues around it (well, until we get to #28, of course).  This issue marked a departure in the series to this point as it contained no Viking Prince, Silent Knight or Robin Hood... going to a more "contemporary" set of characters in the Suicide Squad.  

image.thumb.jpeg.142ff60c5c59e05d114be3c1a24ebbcf.jpeg

Edited by JLA Brad
additional info

Bumping with the strong result for the BB28 CGC 5.5 W last night on CL for $5788.  For a SA mega key, BB28 is relatively uncommon, and for this issue, anything over C/OW pages is particularly uncommon considering it's a SA book.  

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28, CGC 5.5 FN- - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

1960, Justice League 1st appearance!

Current Bid: $5,788
Number Of Bids: 54 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00005532355000112013732001_TH.jpg

Type of Holder: Universal
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored
Publisher: D.C. Comics
Page Quality: White Pages
End Date: 10/24/2022 10:59:10 PM
Edited by Pantodude

and that brings us to 27. Back in the day finding any of the Suicide Squad issue seemed difficult, I had low grade copies of all three of them. I know have mid grade copies. The Suicide Squad not only where the first non adventure characters in B&B, but it was the beginning of the change of direction to a try out book ala Showcase. This lasted until the team up issues started in #50. The first 24 issues are commonly called the pre-hero issues. 

F774AE3E-8F60-461F-9F36-2A807CF0DF2B.jpeg