• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age pedigree thread
3 3

542 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2024 at 6:32 AM, namisgr said:

TTA98Boston.thumb.jpg.c40449d90d484fea416b8f088fe070f4.jpg

A fantastic cover. The Subby stories were generally not as good as the Hulk ones but then issue #100 is one of my favourite SA stories, an all time classic.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 1:06 AM, adamstrange said:

River City

On 5/29/2024 at 2:18 AM, Frisco Larson said:

^ Nice River City ^ ......... I don't have many of those. 

River City? Says CGC "A collection of primarily '50s comics that mainly represented the horror and sci-fi genres, it is rumored to have contained as many as 4,000 books.... Stored in a shed in California, most copies bear a grease pencil distributor mark on the cover...."

A shed in California wouldn't be among my most favoured places to store comics. Pity. What's the page quality and how white/bright are the back covers?

???

Edited by Hepcat

On 5/29/2024 at 4:43 PM, Hepcat said:

River City? Says CGC "A collection of primarily '50s comics that mainly represented the horror and sci-fi genres, it is rumored to have contained as many as 4,000 books.... Stored in a shed in California, most copies bear a grease pencil distributor mark on the cover...."

A shed in California wouldn't be among my most favoured places to store comics. Pity. What's the page quality and how white/bright are the back covers?

???

Conditions varies widely (some were half eaten by bugs) but there are lots of nice to very nice copies.

On 5/29/2024 at 1:06 AM, adamstrange said:

River City

NavyAction16.jpg

I think you were the first person who turned me on to this cover, and it's been a favorite ever since. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Has anyone here ever heard of DC File copies? Or Marvel, Archie or Charlton for that matter?

???

I've only heard of Dell, EC and the Diamond Galleries Harvey File copies. The latter though weren't sold with any attribution by Diamond.

(shrug)

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 5:25 PM, Hepcat said:

Has anyone here ever heard of DC File copies? Or Marvel, Archie or Charlton for that matter?

???

I've only heard of Dell, EC and the Diamond Galleries Harvey File copies. The latter though weren't sold with any attribution by Diamond.

(shrug)

long sold, but once upon a time mine.

scribbly4.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man