• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Katrina

227 posts in this topic

OK, here's a shot of the chaos before the storm

920573-3237544ky.jpg

I remember seeing that shot and STILL dont understand why they didnt use another 2 lanes for exiting car traffic!! I mean, sure looks like only a trickle of cars were going the other way, huh?

Seems like local planning should have anticipated that since NO does have over 1 million residents.

Some states have planned for that. During Ivan and Dennis, the AL gov turned I-65 into a 4 lane North bound.

Concept: An idea or thought.

Don't stay in a city when a mandatory evacuation has been ordered with the hopes of looting becasue everybody is gone.-Unrulyappendage

....and most of the people who stayed behind did so because they can't afford a car, much less the gas to drive one. Most of those people earn less than $ 13,000.00 per year! Below poverty level!!!! makepoint.gif

Hey, look at the picture!!! makepoint.gif : "I've got a great idea! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Let's stay here,...loot the place when evryone's gone!" What'cha think 'bout that?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

....and most of the people who stayed behind did so because they can't afford a car, much less the gas to drive one. Most of those people earn less than $ 13,000.00 per year! Below poverty level!!!! makepoint.gif

Always an excuse, huh, Fuelman... enough with this bs already... sleeping.gif

Always an excuse, huh, Fuelman... enough with this bs already... sleeping.gif

You're welcome to bite my arse whenever you're ready! flowerred.gif

I am done with this, though. The thing about "banging your head against a wall" is,...it feels ssooooooo good when you stop. makepoint.gif

Sure hope none of you have a disaster happen to you anytime soon!

hi.gif

Darth,...go pickle yourself! acclaim.gif

....and most of the people who stayed behind did so because they can't afford a car, much less the gas to drive one. Most of those people earn less than $ 13,000.00 per year! Below poverty level!!!!

And here's the local buses that could have been used.

920544-capt.flpc21109012015.hurricane_katrina_flpc211-1.jpg

Wow, that's an incredibly frustrating pic to look at. Christo_pull_hair.gif

....and most of the people who stayed behind did so because they can't afford a car, much less the gas to drive one. Most of those people earn less than $ 13,000.00 per year! Below poverty level!!!!

Nah,...that's the Aqua-buses they've been keeping as the "back-Up" plan.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe after I've handed it to you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am done with this, though.

Doubtful. Then the verbal diahrrhea would just back up and your head might explode.

The thing about "banging your head against a wall" is,

That explains why the post you way you do... 27_laughing.gif

...it feels ssooooooo good when you stop. makepoint.gif

But it feels so much better when you are RIGHT! yay.gif

Too late! I've exposed myself to your inanity foreheadslap.gif

Yes. This last comment in its utter brilliance has shown me the error of my thinking. I shall henceforth join the ranks of you Bush-hating cronies, 'cause you guys are always ending up on the right side of history yeahok.gif

Just in case anyone wonder's what's up with me,...I'm totally Pizzzed at every aspect of this situation. People were in dire straits for too many days with virtually NO response!!! makepoint.gif

I could care less if they were white, black, purple or fushia,.....every asspect of this just plan sux!!! makepoint.gif

If you aren't outraged,.......then just carry on with what you're doing. juggle.gif

I've said my piece and will say nothing more about it. sumo.gif

gossip.gif If your glad,..... : acclaim.gif !!!

Beat you to it! devil.gif

Nah,...that's the Aqua-buses they've been keeping as the "back-Up" plan.

confused-smiley-013.gif

You mean the ones Nagin should have sent to round up Fuelman's impoverished $13K earners who had no other means of getting out of New Orleans? Oh, sorry, Fuelman - it was Bush who should have given that order, right? boo.gif

Maybe after I've handed it to you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am done with this, though.

Doubtful. Then the verbal diahrrhea would just back up and your head might explode.

The thing about "banging your head against a wall" is,

That explains why the post you way you do... 27_laughing.gif

...it feels ssooooooo good when you stop. makepoint.gif

But it feels so much better when you are RIGHT! yay.gif

Too late! I've exposed myself to your inanity foreheadslap.gif

Yes. This last comment in its utter brilliance has shown me the error of my thinking. I shall henceforth join the ranks of you Bush-hating cronies, 'cause you guys are always ending up on the right side of history yeahok.gif

You are so much a Tool !!!

I love you ( gossip.gif in a viking way)! flowerred.gif

Buh-bye, "Tool-Boy"! hi.gif

We can Monday morning quarterback this until New Orleans is re-built, but that won't solve anything in the here and now. Should all coastal areas that are in hurricane paths have evacuation routes, yes,,,and they should do like Miami, ,,,have pick up areas for the handicap and those without transportation. But that won't change what has happened and what will happpen in the days, weeks, and months to come.

Money from individuals, corporations and from other countries will help. Cities across the country, going through their housing lists and coming up with real apartments and homes for all of the the displaced will help.

What we have seen and learned in the past few years are unfortunately there is no Superman, he isn't here to stop an attack on Towers, he isn't here to be able to stop a huge tidal wave the circles the globe, and now he isn't here to save the people along our Gulf coast. What we have found out that there are many Batmen, Daredevil's, Spider-men and Captain Americas, they are our Coast Guard men and Army flying in for daring and heroic rescue missions, a job that they never in there lives thought they would be doing. They seem to be tireless! These men and women are true super-heroes. And although we may not be able to do it ourselfs, sending money to help may not make us super-heroes, but at least feel a little better about ourselfs!!!

God bless everyone down in the Gulf Coast!!!!

gossip.gif I'm here for you, Darth, if you need a shoulder to cry on! thumbsup2.gif

It's your posts on this NO situation that make me cry. Up until now, I actually thought you were OK and pretty funny confused-smiley-013.gif

I now question how "Okay" you are, as well. confused.gif

It's not ever been a "NO" situation,....more of a "let's not be consired" situation. As I see it, in the comfort of my living-room, it didn't become an issue to "those who could" until yesturday. Now they're all on board,.....days late.

What if that had been you & your loved ones? confused-smiley-013.gif

flowerred.gif

gossip.gif disregard the "Jabber Thing" in The Water Cooler. Let's just agree to disagree,....if we have to. hi.gif

well, if it had, I'd be doing everything possible to secure their safety and health. "finding " food and clean water = priority one. finding a gun for protection - for sure. multiple plasma screens, jeans and shoes? Would not even think about it.... if we got caught in the flood - well, we'd be too dead now to care or complain about it? Right smile.gif

flowerred.gif

gossip.gif disregard the "Jabber Thing" in The Water Cooler. Let's just agree to disagree,....if we have to. hi.gif

how about the "get a freakin life " comment 893censored-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Ok I'm over it acclaim.gifflowerred.gif

well, if it had, I'd be doing everything possible to secure their safety and health. "finding " food and clean water = priority one. finding a gun for protection - for sure. multiple plasma screens, jeans and shoes? Would not even think about it.... if we got caught in the flood - well, we'd be too dead now to care or complain about it? Right smile.gif

flowerred.gif

how about the "get a freakin life " comment 893censored-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Ok I'm over it acclaim.gifflowerred.gif

That was an hour ago,...judging by the clock.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Are you just pulling my chain now? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm off for the weekend,....... juggle.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Are you just pulling my chain now? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, buddy poke2.gif

I will resort to torturing you by PM now...i've got links to live Rush broadcasts I can send you for our listening pleasure as you enjoy your Labor Day weekend cookout...you'll never be rid of me 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's 4:51 AM here in VA... foreheadslap.gif I got to take my son Logan to class @ 9:40AM...maybe I should retire too 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, buddy poke2.gif

I will resort to torturing you by PM now...i've got links to live Rush broadcasts I can send you for our listening pleasure as you enjoy your Labor Day weekend cookout...you'll never be rid of me 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's 4:51 AM here in VA... foreheadslap.gif I got to take my son Logan to class @ 9:40AM...maybe I should retire too 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

our "Battle-Royale" is on hold,.......got the Shrek-toad to deal with now,... 893whatthe.gif

Wish me 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

gossip.gif PS: "W" does suckk! makepoint.gif