• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Katrina

227 posts in this topic

I was attacked after I stepped back by the guy you're schilling for, so I stepped back in. Is that a problem? Or are you just another tough talking chicken hawk?And as far as my inane question? Precode said people like my just look for someone to blame instead of asking what we can do to help. Well I've actively helped plenty in my long lifetime, I've put my butt on the line when it counted, what have you done, other than swiftboat attack your critics?

What happened with our Homeland Security Plans?? God forbid, if this was a Terrorist attack.It scares me . This was a natural disaster that was unimaginable.It says to me with the slow response, are we prepared for something like this? This whole scenario stinks & is completely Horrible!! This shouldn't happen in America.

My Wife & I are going to donate money to help out these people , What a tragic time , I couldn't even imagine losing that much in my lifetime. My Blessings to those people.

Amen! hail.gif

I believe the response would have been as slow no matter the ethnicity of the victims! (Take a look at Alabama!) We just weren't prepared!

Saying that things were slow due to NO being mainly black is simple minded and ignorant! 893naughty-thumb.gif

STFU shill. No one has time to listen to the inane bleatings of someone without the stones to post under their real frorum name. sleeping.gif

I can see the ocean out of my bedroom window on a clear day, but we're about fifty feet up. I don't think we have to worry about flooding. Earthquakes are more our problem, but we're in a rural area so it's not as dangerous as it would be in SF or the Los Angeles area.

All I can say is that after seeing something like this happen, all major cities should provide adequate information as to what to do during catastrophic situations (hurricanes, floods, major fires, nuclear attack, etc.). Because as of now, I'll probably be running down the middle of the street like a madman without a clue as to where to go.

My wife and I have found that the American Red Cross is always a safer bet when making cash donations. It's really easy and it doesn't matter how small the donation, it can really help. I'm just going nuts following the coverage of this tragedy all safe and comfortable in my home. It's just so bad, so very bad, so horrifying.The children that are in peril. As a parent this would have to be the toughest situation I could imagine being in.I don't normally pray, but I find myself thinking about it.

What I find utterly despicable as a parent is these people have to Arm there self. "Familys"There has been reported Raping of Children & Women , Murders , Etc. Man's inhumanity to Man. This should be a time, people come together , this is absolutetly sickening.What a Disgrace & Shame.

Jeff, you got that right, we should look inside ourselves . I would Hope that most of us are Better then that as Human Beings.I just find this truly Sad,& I'm Disturbed by it!! It goes to show even with Modern Technology, Religion, Politics, Philosophy, Etc. Man's nature has never changed one damn iota.

I know it's tempting to make sweeping generalizations about the nature of man in the wake of such insanity, but you have to be careful not to let the proverbial bad apples spoil the bunch. I get as enraged as anyone when I hear about dirtbags shooting at rescuers and looting stores. It's easy to fall into that anger. It's much tougher to keep in mind all the decent people who donated, lent a hand, or remained in control of themselves. Don't give up on the human animal just yet. flowerred.gif

I don't know, I get mad when I have to wait in line for something. I've been through harsh situations when I was a young man, but I don't know how I would behave now. Heck, look at what comic collectors do when they're competing against someone else to pick up a book. We are still animals, I guess.

Your right , I agree. I still believe that Mankind can aspire to greater things then this . It's easy for Man to descend to his Lowest, But he can go higher then that also if he chooses .

it was humour, notice the graemlins? foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif if you haven't read my posts on the hurricane, i'm just as angry and frustrated as any american citizen, as to the lengthy delayed response of the US government. mad.giffrustrated.gif BTW, the news/press has to stop calling them refugees, they are american citizens dammit! screwy.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsign-rantpost.gif