• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Combined investment will cause Golden Age (Collectors) to explode
3 3

573 posts in this topic

There is another alternative that reduces cost but still gives one complete ownership and control of what they possess.  In movie posters, for instance, people will often collect re-releases if the original release is unobtainable.  Can't afford half a million for a 1933 King Kong?  Choose instead a 1942 re-release for 5 figures.  Still too high?  Then go with the 1947 release, or on down the line... 1952, 1956, 1968, 1977.  There are multiple reprint editions of AF 15, and some are beginning to get expensive in their own right.  All of these editions tend (at least so far) to appreciate in value over time as well.  No need to trust in the accountability of a 3rd party financial institution.  And you still own an actual complete piece of art, not a certificate.  Just my 3cents (adjusted for inflation).

On 8/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, Bookery said:

There is another alternative that reduces cost but still gives one complete ownership and control of what they possess.  In movie posters, for instance, people will often collect re-releases if the original release is unobtainable.  Can't afford half a million for a 1933 King Kong?  Choose instead a 1942 re-release for 5 figures.  Still too high?  Then go with the 1947 release, or on down the line... 1952, 1956, 1968, 1977.  There are multiple reprint editions of AF 15, and some are beginning to get expensive in their own right.  All of these editions tend (at least so far) to appreciate in value over time as well.  No need to trust in the accountability of a 3rd party financial institution.  And you still own an actual complete piece of art, not a certificate.  Just my 3cents (adjusted for inflation).

you can buy action 1 pages also and scraps and No. 1s.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:41 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:
On 8/30/2021 at 5:11 PM, valiantman said:

Since I've been accused of being a RallyRd cheerleader, I'll let Otis have this one.

https://help.withotis.com/en/collections/2284931-for-investors

On 8/30/2021 at 5:09 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Ok I have questions, I've read a lot fo this thread, and the more I think about it, the sillier it all seems.

If I own a share of Action 1, who decides if the actual copy of the book can be sold. Whoever has a controlling interest? say 51%. What if a group representing 51% decide they want to sell? Am I forced to sell?  How does the Action 1 go up in value?  Only though the exchange of shares in this particular copy, or all copies of action 1? what is the market for action 1, or all 7.0 action 1s, or only  a fractionally owned 7.0 Action 1? If a privately held, wholly owned copy of Action 1goes to auction, can a group of investors buy it via shares? Who keep sthe physical artifact? Is it insured? What if I die, and I have multiple heirs, does that mean they each own a fraction of a fraction? Am I the first to make a "get a piece of the Action" joke? This whole idea sounds pretty farfetched for it to ever take off in s serious way beyond individually drawn up private equity agreements in advance of a sale or auction.

76823844.jpg.f52c28574ffa972025a8a160a3cf4798.jpg

I don't run these services.  If you have a dozen questions about the services and the service has a full page of answers, you're just dodging the required reading.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:46 AM, Bookery said:

Silly rabbit, reprints don't count!

On 8/31/2021 at 1:26 AM, Aman619 said:

Bedrock, you are NOT the target audience for this kind of opportunity. You can stroke a check for anything you want..  You dont speak for the little guy who this might appeal to.  Im not the target either.  But that doesn't blind me to its appeal to others.  But I do see the issues, or complications in us "knowing" what others might want to put their money into.  Collectors who realize that they are putting money into comics who also see that money as increasing over time when they sell, could see that putting some money into fractional shares of something that they feel will increase in value is somewhat that appeals to them.  Especially AF 15 which just seems to have no limit as it prices nearly every collector out of any decent looking copy.

This guy gets it.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:41 AM, fifties said:

Fractional investment is done all the time in trust deeds, but the investors don't expect to own any greater percentage than that which they originally invested.

Yet another example in the real world that works, despite all the umbrage from the old guard in this topic.  What's funny is that my conjecture is that those who own their key issue Golden Age comics outright will see a great increase in value from fractional investment occurring elsewhere.

That is: MONEY FOR NOTHING

You'd think I had told those guys they'd be bit by a snake.

I guess they just want their chicks for free.

Edited by valiantman

On 8/31/2021 at 2:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

Time could be much better spent having the same conversation in some of the Facebook comic groups.

I can't think of a worse place to spend time. (:

On 8/31/2021 at 1:06 PM, adamstrange said:
On 8/31/2021 at 1:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

Time could be much better spent having the same conversation in some of the Facebook comic groups.

I can't think of a worse place to spend time. 

You aren't trying to sell a scheme to the masses.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:08 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 8/31/2021 at 1:06 PM, adamstrange said:
On 8/31/2021 at 1:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

I can't think of a worse place to spend time. 

You aren't trying to sell a scheme to the masses.

I don't have anything to sell.  It should be obvious, I'm buying.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:14 PM, valiantman said:

You are trying to sell us a concept.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:15 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 8/31/2021 at 1:14 PM, valiantman said:

Someone will have to put the CGC graded Golden Age keys into the system for me to buy in.  I'm thinking that the members of the Golden Age section of the CGC board are likely to have Golden Age CGC graded keys, or else this forum is poorly named.

Edited by valiantman

On 8/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, D84 said:
On 8/31/2021 at 1:15 PM, MrBedrock said:

This is why I have valiantman on my ignore list. It makes life so much more enjoyable. 

Kindly reply with your IP address, and I'll ensure that you never have to see my CGCdata.com website again also. :foryou: