• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your “one and done” book that encapsulates a genre
4 4

159 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

How nice to get all the big wood needs met in a single book

You consider that "big wood"? How quaint.

7 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Yes, there are some beautiful Eerie and Creepy covers, but this book, to me, allows you to move on. This book kinda checks all boxes.

20200511_151816.jpg

I agree, but isn't this Bronze? (I just finished my 1-20 run and will be posting in the Magazine Forum)

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Agreed. How can we be done with one?

Well, maybe you can't, but Merryweather can?  Just ask him to produce the one and done Schomburg and see what happens.

Captain Kirk was quite adept at inducing self-destruction of various androids and such, who suffered from severe internal systems failures after they were made aware of certain paradoxes.  Being guided by logic, these artificial intelligence-types were unable to cope with logically insoluble problems.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

So this isn't just an academic discussion for me.  Being incredibly late, like 25 years late, to the PCH party, I had to gather up my panties and make a big boy buying decision.

I think we can ALL agree that it was the right one.

Scared the bejesus out of my little nephew with this book.  Wet the bed, crying, the whole nine yards.  Excelsior!

image.thumb.jpeg.291065fff858ee8bc69a607a92dd5123.jpeg

WET THE BED!

On 8/31/2020 at 2:44 PM, IngelsFan said:

Iconic title, legendary publisher, and an insanely cool image:

image.thumb.jpeg.6e437de458c4e2acd24d71e28a4dd3fd.jpeg

Yeah, without a doubt. But, my sentinmental favorite is the issue just before it by a hair. I saw this on that large EC horror reprint book and it really creeped me out. Never forgot it and wasn't happy until I ran down one. Either way, the living guy in each is in a WHOLE lot of trouble...

comtalesfromthecrypt23.jpg

i only have one issue of Peter Panda ... i like the run but i know they will likely never be worth much...

i always wanted #5, the classic cover key issue but at $400 for a decent one i decided to instead get this one #22 which has a somewhat similar type cover as #5

5ab7d61ed4319_DSCN3718-Edited.thumb.jpg.144ea905b6af581fdd171f04a8576d51.jpg

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, without a doubt. But, my sentinmental favorite is the issue just before it by a hair. I saw this on that large EC horror reprint book and it really creeped me out. Never forgot it and wasn't happy until I ran down one. Either way, the living guy in each is in a WHOLE lot of trouble...

comtalesfromthecrypt23.jpg

That’s a beauty, and being signed by Al ups the coolness factor even more!

10 hours ago, valiantman said:

I think the point of this topic is to show where you purchased only one book to represent an entire genre in your collection.  You're describing owning many books for the same genre.  If you've done the topic description, there won't be any choice of "which book".  There'll only be one.

To be fair, the Weird Tales I posted is far from my only issue... but it was the first issue I ever got with Brundage or Robert E. Howard or Lovecraft; and if it wasn't that pulps are so cheap compared to comics I would be quite happy with it as my real done in one book.  So it was the single representative when I got it.