• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

237 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2023 at 1:24 AM, Beige said:

Best show on prime after The Boys.

Yeah, but can you believe nobody's notified on this thread that it's not a comic book movie? lol

On 11/8/2023 at 1:44 AM, VintageComics said:

Yeah, but can you believe nobody's notified on this thread that it's not a comic book movie? lol

It's the oddest moderation fixation I have seen in a while. But they run the place. So their choice to be distracted like this.

I've read about all of Lee Child's books on Jack Reacher. Most of the books are awesome reads...real pager turners.   The TV show is pretty good too.  Really looking forward to this new season.  1st season was great.  
At first I was turned off on the movies being played by Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the books is a big dude more like the TV show.  I would think Jack Reacher should be older in the TV show.
The movies are actually pretty good as well after all.   

On 11/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, musicmeta said:

I've read about all of Lee Child's books on Jack Reacher. Most of the books are awesome reads...real pager turners.   The TV show is pretty good too.  Really looking forward to this new season.  1st season was great.  
At first I was turned off on the movies being played by Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the books is a big dude more like the TV show.  I would think Jack Reacher should be older in the TV show.

In the stories, Jack Reacher was a major in the US Army's military police. Having left the Army at age 36.

Alan Ritchson :  is 41, and will be 42 having been born

On 11/8/2023 at 4:11 PM, musicmeta said:

I have to agree. Not having read the books, I didn't have these preconceived expectations what the ideal Jack Reacher must be. I actually was impressed how much Tom Cruise made this his own interpretation, including the darkness of the character in the toughest of fights. That first movie matchup between Reacher and the henchman was so good.

The look on Jai Courtney's face when Reacher throws the rifle down like "I may make it through this after all" and what follows is so good.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, The Brain said:

In the stories, Jack Reacher was a major in the US Army's military police. Having left the Army at age 36.

Alan Ritchson :  is 41, and will be 42 having been born

Yes, it's just the dialog in the books seemed to make him a bit older.  Thanks for the facts on this. 

On 11/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have to agree. Not having read the books, I didn't have these preconceived expectations what the ideal Jack Reacher must be. I actually was impressed how much Tom Cruise made this his own interpretation, including the darkness of the character in the toughest of fights. That first movie matchup between Reacher and the henchman was so good.

The look on Jai Courtney's face when Reacher throws the rifle down like "I may make it through this after all" and what follows is so good.

Not having read the books, they could have called the movie Bob's Your Uncle and as a generic action movie, fine, even better than fine.

But to devoted Lee Child fans it was a betrayal of the first order, and one for which he sort of apologized afterwards. Almost any other aspect of the character could have changed, his sheer physicality, his monumental stature  defined everything about him and his existence. Reacher doesnt go down. Ever. That's not just incidental as a plot point, its pivotal, its central to everything that follows.

Heck they could have cast Gina Carano as Jane Reacher and it would have worked better than little Tommy Cruise.

Anyway, awesome course correction with Ritchson. But even his 6'2" is shy of Reacher's 6'5".

On 11/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, Dr. Love said:

Anyway, awesome course correction with Ritchson. But even his 6'2" is shy of Reacher's 6'5".

Right? It's like 5'9" Robert Downey JR playing 6'1" Tony Stark. Marvel Studios didn't fool any of us with the tape measure. We knew better!

:shiftyeyes: