• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's been your experience like with turnaround times for grading?
1 1

188 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

The problem isn't that there changing estimation times. The problem is that people are sending in cards expecting them to be around those estimations and by the time they actually get the cards it is double or triple the estimation date. When people send things in they are trying to sell or cherish the cards they send in. The longer the wait the difference in price the products could be. You could win big or lose big. An example if you sent in a Darkness Ablaze Zard and you were expecting a 30 day and it was 77 days you would be furious at the price difference... That is just an example of what I am facing because of the price difference of the RR Zard with the release of the Shiny Zard. I was expecting it to be around the 30 day mark so that I could sell it before Shining Fates came out so I could buy the new Zard. But now it has crashed in price because of the wait. Just one example of mine.

Or maybe pay 11 more bucks and use standard service if you need stuff back quicker. Its nobodys fault but your own that you lack common sense.

31 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Or maybe pay 11 more bucks and use standard service if you need stuff back quicker. Its nobodys fault but your own that you lack common sense.

I mean back in December people were getting there orders on time. Why should have anyone thought that the tat would have literally doubled. When You're given an estimate of around 6 weeks and it turns into 12+, yeah people are going to express their frustration. On march 9th It'll be 3 months I've been waiting on my economy order with zero movement. Meanwhile my express order that was received on 2/15 is scheduled for grading lol.

1 minute ago, johnnyms said:

I mean back in December people were getting there orders on time. Why should have anyone thought that the tat would have literally doubled. When You're given an estimate of around 6 weeks and it turns into 12+, yeah people are going to express their frustration. On march 9th It'll be 3 months I've been waiting on my economy order with zero movement. Meanwhile my express order that was received on 2/15 is scheduled for grading lol.

Because its BULK. Does anyone take the time to use their brains and think about why it takes so long? When you have a service to where people are jamming 100s to 1000s of cards into the system, yeah its going to take a long time. Its not like higher tier services to where your only submitting maybe a dozen or so cards at a time.It takes them forever to grade through that many cards.

The TATs have doubled since people see that its easy money to send in tons of newer cards that can have their money easily be doubled. When I can buy a Lapras VMAX for $15 and flip it for $60 after waiting a month of grading, yeah its a no brainer why bulk TATs has surged. But if you want to grade expensive cards or want semi expensive cards back quicker, use standard or higher. Some people seriously need to think for themselves instead of treating whatever CGC says is gospel. They tell you its an estimate but with that information, you have to make an effort and think what makes the most sense for you.

2 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Because its BULK. Does anyone take the time to use their brains and think about why it takes so long? When you have a service to where people are jamming 100s to 1000s of cards into the system, yeah its going to take a long time. Its not like higher tier services to where your only submitting maybe a dozen or so cards at a time.It takes them forever to grade through that many cards.

The TATs have doubled since people see that its easy money to send in tons of newer cards that can have their money easily be doubled. When I can buy a Lapras VMAX for $15 and flip it for $60 after waiting a month of grading, yeah its a no brainer why bulk TATs has surged. But if you want to grade expensive cards or want semi expensive cards back quicker, use standard or higher. Some people seriously need to think for themselves instead of treating whatever CGC says is gospel. They tell you its an estimate but with that information, you have to make an effort and think what makes the most sense for you.

I'm surprised they haven't limited bulk /econ to X cards per month or designed a queue where there a set time to mail cards in based off submission order. Cut TAT down to X days from when they get them so they aren't hanging onto cards for so long.

8 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm surprised they haven't limited bulk /econ to X cards per month or designed a queue where there a set time to mail cards in based off submission order. Cut TAT down to X days from when they get them so they aren't hanging onto cards for so long.

Yeah I think ultimately they just never expected Pokemon to blow up the way they did and they have had zero time to really make any adjustments. Its just a very bizarre time in terms of the behavior in grading in that people are grading stuff so aggressively. What I find crazy is how people are paying premiums on the newest cards being graded. Like I said before, yeah you can buy lots of different Sword & Shield secret rares and double your money. And people have realized that, so they are just doing what is easy money. I dont know if its due to people being out of work from the pandemic or social media or what the exact cause is, but its just been this way for at least the last year. I just SMH when so many people just act oblivious about this and then cry to CGC that they are disappointed or that they are shocked that their TAT's are extended. I can understand if your out of the loop and dont get it but would be asking what is going on, but to act all emotional about it without spending 2 minutes doing some research or making some effort to understand whats going on while throwing a tamdrume, yeah I dont care about their stupid water energies lol. Im sure Paul wakes up every day reading this nonsense and just thinks "what the hell is wrong with this world".

Edited by mattyzeepgam

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

But my sub was economy not bulk.

6 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Basically the same thing since its treated similarly. In the future just pay a bit more for standard since I have had standard returns come back pretty quickly. 

When I was submitting my items the returns for bulk were 20-30 days... So I expected it to be around that mark... I mean 2x isn't bad but when every time I look that it is getting closer to the mark it goes further and further away from that mark... Another thing is 30 days isn't bad 77 days isn't bad but when you add business days that is like 150 days total!

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

15 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

When I was submitting my items the returns for bulk were 20-30 days... So I expected it to be around that mark... I mean 2x isn't bad but when every time I look that it is getting closer to the mark it goes further and further away from that mark... Another thing is 30 days isn't bad 77 days isn't bad but when you add business days that is like 150 days total!

First off, you suck at math. 77 business days isnt 150 days. Thats less than 4 months worth of time during a non-holiday season.

Second, just buy the freaking standard or higher service from now on or prepare to wait for your bulk. Yeah, it used to be 20-30 days, but then again gas was less than $2 last year and CGC grading was an afterthought. Things change. When things change you have to adjust or get burnt. The secret is out that CGC is a legit grading service. Who would have ever thought that the leader in comic grading could grade cards properly. Shocking I know.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

2 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

First off, you suck at math. 77 business days isnt 150 days. Thats less than 4 months worth of time during a non-holiday season.

Second, just buy the freaking standard or higher service from now on or prepare to wait for your bulk. Yeah, it used to be 20-30 days, but then again gas was less than $2 last year and CGC grading was an afterthought. Things change. When things change you have to adjust or get burnt. The secret is out that CGC is a legit grading service. Shocking I know.

It was a guestimate what many people do... And when I spend money on a service level and it says around a certain amount of days I expect it to be around that amount... Example if I bought a burger at Mcdonalds and got 35 more instead... 

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

It was a guestimate what many people do... And when I spend money on a service level and it says around a certain amount of days I expect it to be around that amount... Example if I bought a burger at Mcdonalds and got 35 more instead... 

Well guess what, they dont care what your expectations are. Also now knowing that you eat at Mcdonalds aka the dumpster of garbage food of the world, they should make you wait a year now for your cards to come back.

18 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Well guess what, they dont care what your expectations are. Also now knowing that you eat at Mcdonalds aka the dumpster of garbage food of the world, they should make you wait a year now for your cards to come back.

Lol, I would love to see that. I've already lost a few hundred dollars because of this waiting game. 

20 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

14 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Lol, I would love to see that. I've already lost a few hundred dollars because of this waiting game. 

Yeah bull****. You havent lost a dime. Sorry buddy but the whole world doesnt revolve around you. Not sure how you were raised or who told you that you were this special snowflake that constantly has to be bowed down upon, but the reality is that nobody on this planet sides your parents has to really care about you. And nobody cares that you cant flip your cards or your investments or whatever other laundering scheme you got going on. Im not trying to be an armchair psychologist, but it seems like you tend to think that everyone has to pander to you but in reality your opinions like mine, arent worth anything other than it being text on the internet.

4 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah bull****. You havent lost a dime. Sorry buddy but the whole world doesnt revolve around you. Not sure how you were raised or who told you that you were this special snowflake that constantly has to be bowed down upon, but the reality is that nobody on this planet sides your parents has to really care about you. And nobody cares that you cant flip your cards or your investments or whatever other laundering scheme you got going on. Im not trying to be an armchair psychologist, but it seems like you tend to think that everyone has to pander to you but in reality your opinions like mine, arent worth anything other than it being text on the internet.

How have I not lost a dime.... I was expecting my Rainbow Rare Zard back before Shining Fates. It crashed when Shining Fates came out... So yes, I lost a few hundred bucks because of the waiting game. It is not wrong for me to be upset that the wait time is almost Triple the estimation... I guess your cards mean nothing to you if you aren't upset about increases that much. I feel bad for the other people just as much as myself. I bet many people lost money because of the increased waits... 

8 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

How have I not lost a dime.... I was expecting my Rainbow Rare Zard back before Shining Fates. It crashed when Shining Fates came out... So yes, I lost a few hundred bucks because of the waiting game. It is not wrong for me to be upset that the wait time is almost Triple the estimation... I guess your cards mean nothing to you if you aren't upset about increases that much. I feel bad for the other people just as much as myself. I bet many people lost money because of the increased waits... 

Dude, you grade water energies and eat at mcdonalds. Its not CGCs fault for your poor life choices. You grade newer cards under economy and wonder why you lose money. Your not a special and immune to accountability. Whoever told you otherwise clearly lied to you or was afraid of hurting your feelings. 

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Dude, you grade water energies and eat at mcdonalds. Its not CGCs fault for your poor life choices. You grade newer cards under economy and wonder why you lose money. Your not a special and immune to accountability. Whoever told you otherwise clearly lied to you or was afraid of hurting your feelings. 

It is the same trolls commenting on these threads anytime anyone disagrees with the fact that the wait time is obviously bonkers atm. I hope these trolls lose some money so they know how it feels :D

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

It is the same trolls commenting on these threads anytime anyone disagrees with the fact that the wait time is obviously bonkers atm. I hope these trolls lose some money so they know how it feels :D

You only lose money if you dont know what your doing, which clearly you dont. You cant do math, you grade jank and you eat at one at a place that has been proven to shorten your life span. Why are you going to keep lying to yourself? Nobody cares about your bogus image. 

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

You only lose money if you dont know what your doing, which clearly you dont. You cant do math, you grade jank and you eat at one at a place that has been proven to shorten your life span. Why are you going to keep lying to yourself? Nobody cares about your bogus image. 

Yea, I have a over 8,000 dollar submission but I grade junk xD Plus my collection is worth like 100k+ I just don't like losing hundreds of dollars because I expect 30 days not 77+

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

Yea, I have a over 8,000 dollar submission but I grade junk xD Plus my collection is worth like 100k+

Considering that you couldnt do basic math right, I dont believe any of this. I dont get what your lying for. If you were broke or some homeless guy but was straight up I would probably respect you more. When your on here bsing so hard Im just not impressed at all and neither are most people. Sad man. Hope some day you figure life out before its too late.