• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's been your experience like with turnaround times for grading?
1 1

188 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

On saturday. Its weird since my bigger order from the 17th got logged in much quicker. I dont think it was even 7 days and that was a combo of bulk and standard. 

Did you mark the box WT? I don’t know much about weekends either so maybe reduced staff for receiving orders (if they’re even open that is).

5 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

Did you mark the box WT? I don’t know much about weekends either so maybe reduced staff for receiving orders (if they’re even open that is).

Its on the shipping label. Every time I ship I just put it on the label where you would put an apartment number or a company name (whatever spot its in). Not sure if thats correct but thats just what I been doing. I dunno if i mentioned this on this thread, but im not up in arms about anything since it was just a Charizard VMAX shiny that I pulled from a pack and want to send it to auction and if other people are having their orders take forever, then im not worrying about it becoming devalued since the market isnt going to get flooded anytime soon and ill be fine in terms of what I get for it.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

3 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Its on the shipping label. Every time I ship I just put it on the label where you would put an apartment number or a company name (whatever spot its in). Not sure if thats correct but thats just what I been doing. I dunno if i mentioned this on this thread, but im not up in arms about anything since it was just a Charizard VMAX shiny that I pulled from a pack and want to send it to auction and if other people are having their orders take forever, then im not worrying about it becoming devalued since the market isnt going to get flooded anytime soon and ill be fine in terms of what I get for it.

Pretty sure they tell you to write it on the box with a sharpie or something. They get tons of packages a day. The ones that are marked WT or EX get opened first because of the grading tier. Yours probably got lost in the mix because they couldn’t easily identify it.

1 minute ago, C2N0 said:

Pretty sure they tell you to write it on the box with a sharpie or something. They get tons of packages a day. The ones that are marked WT or EX get opened first because of the grading tier. Yours probably got lost in the mix because they couldn’t easily identify it.

Oh thats weird. I thought maybe they were reading the labels since I sent it in an envelope and most of my orders get logged in normally. Live and learn thing. Thanks for letting me know for the future. 

2 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Oh thats weird. I thought maybe they were reading the labels since I sent it in an envelope and most of my orders get logged in normally. Live and learn thing. Thanks for letting me know for the future. 

Double check the emails they sent. It should be highlighted. 

6 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Yeah you might need to contact customer support on that one. I submitted a big submission around the 10th and it got logged in on the 17th. It shouldnt take more than 2 weeks. I submitted a walkthrough order last week and it hasnt been logged in today which is a little strange but I been hearing its like 7-10 days at the moment in terms of logging. With your case, its unique so yeah thats a bit longer than Ive seen to be logged in.

I called today. It's delivered in their Warehouse. They have it. They just haven't even gotten around to most of the packages from the 12th yet per customer service. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:38 PM, Ron Churches said:

Anybody have a recent 'received' date? I have a 2/20 (Saturday) delivery, so it's been 7 business days. Curious how backed up receiving is at the moment. 

I popped in to the forums for the first time just to see if anyone was asking this very thing haha

I had an Express (and also several Economy), delivered 2/16 & Received 2/17. No other movement on the express one yet, hoping to get charged soon so I don't forget and spend the money elsewhere. 

Edited by NintendoFanGirl
I answered the question wrong :P

11 hours ago, NintendoFanGirl said:

I popped in to the forums for the first time just to see if anyone was asking this very thing haha

I had an Express (and also several Economy), delivered 2/16 & Received 2/17. No other movement on the express one yet, hoping to get charged soon so I don't forget and spend the money elsewhere. 

They changed policy on the 16th and you will not get charged until the very end. Most folks didn't want to loan CGC money for a few weeks, but I feel your comment, too. I'm having to time a lot of things to make sure it's available when the time comes! lol

Also, someone in another thread said they were still doing mail from like, 2/12 or something. I think they got crushed with deliveries right before they hiked prices and we're feeling the effects of that because we were right after. 

First submission sent on 2/17, and was marked "Recieved" yesterday (3/3).  Good sign that they've at least received it.  Looking forward to start seeing their slabs in the wild.

11 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

They changed policy on the 16th and you will not get charged until the very end. Most folks didn't want to loan CGC money for a few weeks, but I feel your comment, too. I'm having to time a lot of things to make sure it's available when the time comes! lol

Also, someone in another thread said they were still doing mail from like, 2/12 or something. I think they got crushed with deliveries right before they hiked prices and we're feeling the effects of that because we were right after. 

Quick follow-up, got charged today for the express card! 

2 hours ago, NintendoFanGirl said:

Quick follow-up, got charged today for the express card! 

I had an express order received a week after yours so I’m estimating next week it’ll push through. Fingers crossed. 

1 of of my 12/4 received subs went into grading. HOLY COW its a miracle! 

For all practical purposes I am at the end of the turnaround time and it has entered grading exciting stuff!

Hopefully this isn't a situation where they are always backed up and I would be will to give them a benefit of the doubt and submit again

12 hours ago, ClaytonMurphy said:

1 of of my 12/4 received subs went into grading. HOLY COW its a miracle! 

For all practical purposes I am at the end of the turnaround time and it has entered grading exciting stuff!

Hopefully this isn't a situation where they are always backed up and I would be will to give them a benefit of the doubt and submit again

Congrats! Which level was it!?

7 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

another standard order now scheduled for delivery from feb 6th. weird how my 12/7 economy/bulk is still received but it seems like it should be graded soon

My standard is still in received from 2/8 🤔 

I'm concerned that I may have put too many rubber bands wrapping my cards and they may get damaged since wait times have increased. If I contact support, do you guys know if they will check on my cards or if I can bump up from economy go standard ? Thanks