• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will sports cards be graded by CGC ?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I have a large amount of Sports cards waiting to be graded by ANY reputable grading company with acceptable turnaround times and ethics.

I am waiting for CGC to start the sports cards grading division, but when will sports cards start to be accepted ?   Approx date would be great.

14 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

Where do we go to find more information about the start of that new company ?  Is it part of the CGC Familly?

thank you

17 hours ago, PaulS. said:

Just as a note, CGC will not be grading Sports Cards. It will be a brand new company in the Certified Collectibles Group called CSG - Certified Sports Guaranty.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:54 AM, alohaboyz said:

I have a large amount of Sports cards waiting to be graded by ANY reputable grading company with acceptable turnaround times and ethics.

I am waiting for CGC to start the sports cards grading division, but when will sports cards start to be accepted ?   Approx date would be great.

I emailed them last week to ask this question, they are hoping to be ready in about 2 months time.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, Shockmaster said:

Did they give you any more info about the company besides the start timeframe?

Just this, i only asked for an eta. Hopefully they release new info soon but im guessing they are planning to have it going in the new year, theyve got some good talent on board from what ive heard so im excited to give them a try.

Yes, we will be grading sports cards in the very near future.  We don't have an exact date for that, but it should be within the next two months or so.  We will announce that on our website and Facebook pages when that is up and running so be sure to check there or contact us in the next couple of months.

it would be great if they only grade cards prior to 2018 and follow the same policy each year. it would really keep the backlog down and possibly drive away pure flippers and serving more actual collectors. I'd hate to see CGC fail due to a tremendous backlog of submissions which is the biggest con of all the other grading companies.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, miscus555 said:

it would be great if they only grade cards prior to 2018 and follow the same policy each year. it would really keep the backlog down and possibly drive away pure flippers and serving more actual collectors. I'd hate to see CGC fail due to a tremendous backlog of submissions which is the biggest con of all the other grading companies.

Yup!  I completely agree...COVID ushered in an over flow of flippers when they saw the money being spent and the wait times went from ridiculous to super ridiculous! ;) I've got a lot of 70's/80's non-sports cards waiting to get turned loose on them...