• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

In honor of his 20th anniversary in his position, 20th Century Studios President Steve Asbell caught up with The Hollywood Reporter and looked towards the studio's future. When asked about their plans for original films and new property installments, Asbell said 20th Century will be aiming for a mix of both and explore "bold takes" on some of their franchises, including the Predator prequel movie Prey. See what Asbell shared below:

"Coolest of all for fans, we get to find bold takes on beloved Fox properties. You can take big creative swings -- which you'll see with Prey, which we'll launch this summer. A Predator movie set in the Great Plains in 1719 by Dan Trachtenberg. That's what this allows us to do."

My love/hate relationship with this franchise continues. Loved the original of course and hated Danny Glovers sequel but I’ve come to appreciate and enjoy Predator 2 today. Hated the crossovers with the Aliens. Really enjoyed Predators. Nothing really new there, they just remade the original and it was fun. Kinda like how I feel about Riddick and Pitch Black. Then The Predator came and I had high hopes and it sucked. I’ll watch the Hulu movie and hope its either dumb fun or something unique. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:53 PM, ▫️ said:

My love/hate relationship with this franchise continues. Loved the original of course and hated Danny Glovers sequel but I’ve come to appreciate and enjoy Predator 2 today. Hated the crossovers with the Aliens. Really enjoyed Predators. Nothing really new there, they just remade the original and it was fun. Kinda like how I feel about Riddick and Pitch Black. Then The Predator came and I had high hopes and it sucked. I’ll watch the Hulu movie and hope its either dumb fun or something unique. 

I cannot agree more with this entire statement.  Very few people bring up Predators...fun, doesn't require much thinking, and I really like Adrien Brody in that role.

***I can't believe Shane Black (of all people) could mess up a Predator movie so badly

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spell Check

"Bold takes" + classic franchises usually equals dogshyte films.

I don't need my expectations subverted. I just want to watch a good movie that takes the source material seriously and understands what made it popular in the first place. That's a tough ask these days though. 

Looks like it will be fun enough. I was hoping that the third one would be a historical film after glover received the pistol at the end.

Edited by kimik

On 6/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, kimik said:

To be honest, I am surprised they did not do Vikings vs Predators with all of the Viking overkill we are getting now.

And now you know why they didn't. Hats off to them!

I like predator - but if humans with state-of-the-art weapons got their backside handed to them on a plate, then how on earth will humans with primitive weapons even compete?

It's like Cowboys vs Aliens without Daniel Craig and his arm gun.

This literally makes no sense.

Cool that it's being streamed in Comanche though (thumbsu