• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, Mmanick said:

Predators was super fun. I enjoyed the movie and the cast minus the serial killer. Lawrence fishburnes character was awesome, I definitely liked the sniper as well Alice Braga and Adrian Brody is a really good actor who played the part of contractor/ prior service operator extremely well. 

Love that film. I'm one who has found great stuff in all the Predator movies. There were some choices I might not have gone with but I've watched it 3-4 times. I just wish it had more Danny Trejo.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, Kramerica said:

Love that film. I'm one who has found great stuff in all the Predator movies. There were some choices I might not have gone with but I've watched it 3-4 times. I just wish it had more Danny Trejo.

I agree 100% Danny should have had more screen time unfortunately he was the first to die. They should have deleted the serial killer first. Can you imagine the action and cool dialogue with him in more of the movie..i see alot of these reviews coming in and if they like that new hollyweird agenda stuff of course this is going to be a dead ringer for them. 

:facepalm:...oh lawd.  I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks fantastic and I'm actually excited.  Looks like they are going back to the roots of the movie and just replacing Dutch with an Indian woman.  I keep falling for this trap.

***I hate myself because I know I'm going to be disappointed

On 8/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

:facepalm:...oh lawd.  I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks fantastic and I'm actually excited.  Looks like they are going back to the roots of the movie and just replacing Dutch with an Indian woman.  I keep falling for this trap.

Why would you set yourself up to be purposely disappointed?

Any little lull in the story and you may assume there is the failure you were looking for.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

Why would you set yourself up to be purposely disappointed?

Any little lull in the story and you may assume there is the failure you were looking for.

True.  But I put the blame on the franchise.  Plus I have lowered my bar significantly in expectations.  So a lull in the story isn't going to disappoint me.  I'm not asking for much...

-  A decent looking Predator (doesn't have to be great)

- Good story (doesn't have to be great)

- A few moments where I can say "cool"

- Good acting (doesn't have to be Oscar worthy)

- Violence and body count (doesn't have to be graphic or over the top)

- Lots of macho/primal/manly (in this case womanly) scenes

***Just a good popcorn movie

On 8/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

True.  But I put the blame on the franchise.  Plus I have lowered my bar significantly in expectations.  So a lull in the story isn't going to disappoint me.  I'm not asking for much...

Now that's more like it.

:cheers:

Let's see soon what we get.

:wishluck:

On 8/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don’t blame you, I’ve lowered my expectations as well. We’ve been burned too many times. But this does look great. But so did every other Predator trailer ever. I’m excited for it and if it sucks, I’ll still be excited for the next one and will watch that turd too. 

On 8/2/2022 at 5:33 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I already know what happens. The Predator kills a lot of people.  She figures out a weakness and kills the Predator.:baiting:

You forgot the background predators that were watching and give her some sort of prize for killing the big bad.  “Thanks for playing, you were just lovely! Hope to see you again.”

On 8/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Great now you’ve jinxed us.