• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 12:58 AM, Mmanick said:

Alot different then a 5 ft 2 105 lb Native American woman who couldn't take out a bear.

I know a 5 ft nothing cross-fit woman that can take me out and I’m kind of a big deal. (My mom said so). Hard to write off a movie with that premise. Not that I’m defending it, but I can give it a chance.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:40 AM, ▫️ said:

I know a 5 ft nothing cross-fit woman that can take me out and I’m kind of a big deal. (My mom said so). Hard to write off a movie with that premise. Not that I’m defending it, but I can give it a chance.

The story in general sucks. My wife is a cross fitter as well but a bears height , weight and size is quite a bit for a cross fitter rather they’re a competitive cross fitter or not. I mean most modern men wouldn’t be able to do it. A highly trained TEAM of green berets who can probably automatically compete in the CrossFit games may stand a chance. 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:10 PM, Mmanick said:

The story in general sucks. My wife is a cross fitter as well but a bears height , weight and size is quite a bit for a cross fitter rather they’re a competitive cross fitter or not. I mean most modern men wouldn’t be able to do it. A highly trained TEAM of green berets who can probably automatically compete in the CrossFit games may stand a chance. 

I’m pretty sure none of us know if the story sucks yet. Unless you got an advance -script.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, ▫️ said:

I’m pretty sure none of us know if the story sucks yet. Unless you got an advance --script.

The trailer shows pretty much what it is. The same with most modern trendy movies are. The woman who isn’t allowed to do what men do because of the time frame is stronger / better at tactics ,Weapons etc. then the men and some how beats this predator after he’s killed any of the men who can in some way challenge him. 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:30 PM, Mmanick said:

The trailer shows pretty much what it is. The same with most modern trendy movies are. The woman who isn’t allowed to do what men do because of the time frame is stronger / better at tactics ,Weapons etc. then the men and some how beats this predator after he’s killed any of the men who can in some way challenge him. 

Well if thats what it turns out to be, it would be disappointing. I’m hoping there’s more to it. But this series hasn’t had a great track record so who knows. Predators was pretty cool and it was just a fan fiction love letter to the original. But it was fun and that was worth something. I’m hoping this one is at least fun.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, ▫️ said:

Well if thats what it turns out to be, it would be disappointing. I’m hoping there’s more to it. But this series hasn’t had a great track record so who knows. Predators was pretty cool and it was just a fan fiction love letter to the original. But it was fun and that was worth something. I’m hoping this one is at least fun.

Predators was super fun. I enjoyed the movie and the cast minus the serial killer. Lawrence fishburnes character was awesome, I definitely liked the sniper as well Alice Braga and Adrian Brody is a really good actor who played the part of contractor/ prior service operator extremely well. 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Mmanick said:

Predators was super fun. I enjoyed the movie and the cast minus the serial killer. Lawrence fishburnes character was awesome, I definitely liked the sniper as well Alice Braga and Adrian Brody is a really good actor who played the part of contractor/ prior service operator extremely well. 

I loved the tough guy throwback cast, and I don’t remember hating the serial killer because I thought he was a doctor or something but the star of the show for me were those demon hunting dogs. Those were an awesome and logical addition to the Predator lore. I remember being in theater watching this alone and after the opening scene I just said to myself this is gonna be a fun ride.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, ▫️ said:

I loved the tough guy throwback cast, and I don’t remember hating the serial killer because I thought he was a doctor or something but the star of the show for me were those demon hunting dogs. Those were an awesome and logical addition to the Predator lore. I remember being in theater watching this alone and after the opening scene I just said to myself this is gonna be a fun ride.

Those were absolutely bad arse and your right logical as Adrian Brody's character said it's like stalking bore the dogs draw out the prey. I didn't think the cast was tough guy really at all especially when compared to the original. Jessie the body was a UDT guy, Pancho was prior service Army , Carl weathers was an NFL linebacker, Arnold former MR. Universe and tanker in the Austrian military. https://www.slashfilm.com/922152/predators-cast-wasnt-faking-their-military-bona-fides/

That will shine some light on that. I don't think predators had one legit military person in it however Danny Trejo is a tough dude former boxer and incarcerated. The others were actors but still did a good movie. I believe more of these types of movies would be good again as opposed to the new hollyweird approach as I mentioned above.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, ▫️ said:

The trailer looks great but that doesn’t mean anything. Should have a thread here called Great Trailers to Sh*t movies. But it does look great and we need a departure from the recent failure. Hopefully its violent, cool and fun.

Have no fear @kav will be along shortly to create one or three.. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:01 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Have no fear @kav will be along shortly to create one or three.. 

the more often you see ads for a trailer the suckier the movie.