• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 2:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

1181426770_Screenshot_20220803-1939142.thumb.png.b55ab20b914e16e1ba61111e4aac3447.png

Thats crazy. Highest RT score for a Predator movie. Even OG Predator only got 80%.  I’m guessing I’m going to fall in line with this reviewer. Will find out tomorrow.

0751CD16-80B8-42D3-8F4A-2EC134349A7E.jpeg

Edited by ▫️

On 8/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, davidpg said:

I'm pretty happy to be seeing this on the big screen tonight!  I'll post thoughts thoingt afterwards as soon as I can!

I have to test you to see if we’re aligned. Do you believe Predator is a top ten 80’s movie and The Predator is Hitler?

On 8/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, ▫️ said:

I have to test you to see if we’re aligned. Do you believe Predator is a top ten 80’s movie and The Predator is Hitler?

It's up there, though not sure it's top 10.  Stuff like They Live, Heathers and  Evil Dead keep it further down the list.  And I havent heard/rtead about the Hitler allegory!

Edited by davidpg

On 8/4/2022 at 4:12 PM, davidpg said:

It's up there, though not sure it's top 10.  Stuff like They Live, Heathers and  Evil Dead keep it further down the list.  And I havent heard/rtead about the Hitler allegory!

I’m not so sure you passed. But I’ll be watching you.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, ▫️ said:

I’m not so sure you passed. But I’ll be watching you.

Understood.  Although I will say Predator and The Running Man are neck and neck for Best Arnie movies though.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:36 PM, davidpg said:

Understood.  Although I will say Predator and The Running Man are neck and neck for Best Arnie movies though.

Are you trying to make me lose my sheet? The Running Man? Above Terminator and Commando? Red Heat is even above Running Man. I’m going to step out of the room for a moment. Don’t be here when I get back.

I change my mind, I want to hear your Prey review later. Even though you’re on thin ice.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, ▫️ said:

Are you trying to make me lose my sheet? The Running Man? Above Terminator and Commando? Red Heat is even above Running Man. I’m going to step out of the room for a moment. Don’t be here when I get back.

I change my mind, I want to hear your Prey review later. Even though you’re on thin ice.

I actually forgot Terminator...was thinking 90s!  Yes RM better than commando though...

Can't wait to see this. I tend to deny the existence of any Predator films beyond the first one, but this thing has me all excited!

As for the sidebar on Arnold's career, while I'd say Terminator, T2, Predator, Conan, and possibly a couple of others are "better made films" than Commando, there is no doubt in my mind that Commando is THE quintessential Arnold flick. The insanely over the top body count. The great/terrible puns. The cartoonish outsized action. It is the epitome of the dumb 80's action film, completely untroubled by concerns about insulting your intelligence. Commando is the everything.