• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2022 at 6:49 PM, Beige said:

I like predator - but if humans with state-of-the-art weapons got their backside handed to them on a plate, then how on earth will humans with primitive weapons even compete?

It's like Cowboys vs Aliens without Daniel Craig and his arm gun.

This literally makes no sense.

Cool that it's being streamed in Comanche though (thumbsu

Let’s not forget how Dutch defeated the first Predator.  The only tools he had were his knife and gunpowder from the last 2 rounds off his grenade launcher. Hopefully the writing is good enough to make it plausible. 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, bentbryan said:

Let’s not forget how Dutch defeated the first Predator.  The only tools he had were his knife and gunpowder from the last 2 rounds off his grenade launcher. Hopefully the writing is good enough to make it plausible. 

I'm doubting it, but it'll be better than practically every movie since '92

The upcoming film Prey, a prequel film to the Predator franchise, seems to have more in common with the likes of The Revenant and westerns than the John McTiernan film from 1987 (though there's plenty of that DNA present as well).

With the arrival of the latest trailer for the movie, filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg spoke to a number of outlets about the film and what went into making the movie, which is set 300 years in the past in the Comanche Nation. Among the details that the 10 Cloverfield Lane filmmaker revealed was what served as his inspiration for his movie, citing...mostly the filmography of Academy Award nominee Terrence Malick.

"Terrence Malick probably came up the most," Trachtenberg told Empire. "And not just The New World, but Days Of Heaven, and The Thin Red Line also. We referenced images from those movies and cinematography and, wanted it to feel authentic. That's very much a part of the soul of this movie. And Macbeth, Michael Fassbender's Macbeth, was a big visual influence on the movie."

Edited by Bosco685

On 6/13/2022 at 4:52 AM, MR SigS said:

A fan film from 2019.

It's close enough to raise an awkward question or two.

PS - I had an awful feeling when I saw the cast were all female that it was going to go somewhere else..... :whatthe:

The last two films in the Predator series have served as standalone adventures, even though they tied into the franchise as a whole, with director of this year's Prey Dan Trachtenberg teasing the ways in which the new picture could set the stage for the series' future. In his remarks, he didn't necessarily say that his film teases ideas that future films could explore, with the implication being that if his film is a success, it could result in studio 20th Century Studios taking some ambitious gambles with the franchise's future. Prey will be landing on Hulu on August 5th.

"'There are a lot of exciting ideas for what could be next for the franchise," Trachtenberg shared with TimeOut. "The things that most excite me are the boldest swings and I think there's scope to do other things that haven't been done before."

It seems out of character choosing to fight humans who are armed with arrows & a retractable tomahawk when there are evil humans at the time with relatively far more advanced weapons. It doesn't fit the first film. :rulez:

On 7/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, MR SigS said:

It seems out of character choosing to fight humans who are armed with arrows & a retractable tomahawk when there are evil humans at the time with relatively far more advanced weapons. It doesn't fit the first film. :rulez:

I disagree. Which means now we must perform the Klingon Bat'leth challenge to the death.

:flamethrower:

But seriously, recognizing mankind was advancing and predators had been visiting the planet it fits the mold. Just like AVP where they were grooming aliens in order to prove their warrior skills. So seeing mankind expand its capabilities, the predator culture would see this as a challenge in progress. And from time to time, try out the period's warriors as an experiment in advancement.

Now - back to our challenge... 

tumblr_nriij4SLft1trbh6do1_400.gifv.gif.73d1f9be061d83003b19c39c7eafabd2.gif

All I can say is this better not suck. I had high hopes for The Predator. Imagine the pitch. We are getting Shane Black who was a commando in the original movie. Then he went on to write Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 and The Last Boy Scout. Now he’s returning and is gonna deliver the best Predator since Predator. But isn’t this the guy that wrote and directed Iron Man 3? SHUT UP, The Predator is going to be great!  And now, here we are. On Hulu. 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:16 PM, ▫️ said:

All I can say is this better not suck. I had high hopes for The Predator. Imagine the pitch. We are getting Shane Black who was a commando in the original movie. Then he went on to write Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 and The Last Boy Scout. Now he’s returning and is gonna deliver the best Predator since Predator. But isn’t this the guy that wrote and directed Iron Man 3? SHUT UP, The Predator is going to be great!  And now, here we are. On Hulu. 

I breated him personally on Twitter and he blocked me lol

That in itself was all the proof I needed that he was a hack

As for this movie, the premise itself is almost garbage, I won't be paying to see it. 

If I do end up enjoying it more than I expect, I'll buy a action figure or statuette dedicated to the film.