• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

819 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2022 at 9:21 AM, Buzzetta said:

I've taken her to be dead as in Jedi Spirit voice from beyond dead

That’s how I took it as well. Then I started thinking about the whole World Between Worlds concept. If you are able to access that plane, can you really ever really die? Sidious was after it to guarantee his immortality in a sense and change the outcomes of past events and set the future path.

I know her and Ezra closed the portal and the Jedi Temple was destroyed, but I guess it’s possible there is another entry point. We may never know her true fate, but part of me thinks she is there acting as a gatekeeper to prevent abuses from Sith and Jedi alike. Similar to how she talked Ezra out of saving 

Spoiler

Kanan

She possesses tremendous force abilities, but she does not subscribe to the Jedi philosophy and is definitely not a Sith. Maybe she’s the one who must ensure balance in the force and using the World Between Worlds she can ensure that. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

This article says it all, the show has become nothing but fan-service and cameos.  My only question is if they used a 60 year old actor to play a late 30s character, why not use Mark Hamill to play a young Luke??

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-book-boba-fett-cameos-story-problems/

On 2/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Has that been confirmed?

I know her voice is heard in the “voices of Jedi past” scene, but I think Filoni danced around the topic when it came up during a Q&A. 

Nope. She is most likely still alive during TRoS. Filoni went out of his way to say she is not necessarily dead.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, s-man said:

This article says it all, the show has become nothing but fan-service and cameos.  My only question is if they used a 60 year old actor to play a late 30s character, why not use Mark Hamill to play a young Luke??

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-book-boba-fett-cameos-story-problems/

By the time of this series Boba Fett is supposed to be in his 40's.  They are probably asking the audience to stretch the imagination a bit because they will most likely ask Morrisson to play "Rex" in an upcoming series complete with beard and age him a bit to fit the role of the age accelerated clone. 

Another thing that made no sense was the gun fight at Tatooine Corral.  Why is the EXPERIENCED Marshall standing in the middle of the street to greet this obvious bad guy?  Why not move to the doorway to have some cover?  And better yet why not tell the deputy who must have some training to be an actually deputy to go get a rifle or a few other villagers?  After all aren't they good fighters as Mando put it?

On 2/3/2022 at 9:52 AM, s-man said:

Another thing that made no sense was the gun fight at Tatooine Corral.  Why is the EXPERIENCED Marshall standing in the middle of the street to greet this obvious bad guy?  Why not move to the doorway to have some cover?  And better yet why not tell the deputy who must have some training to be an actually deputy to go get a rifle or a few other villagers?  After all aren't they good fighters as Mando put it?

He out- drew three Pikes. I'd be overconfident too.

Grogu’s choice. I think it would be a no-brainer if there wasn’t a shortage of Jedi’s running around that could train him. If that were the case, he should go off and be with Mando until he ages and dies. After that he could have sought out a Master for training and he would still be a kid for his species.  

On 2/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, bentbryan said:

Grogu’s choice. I think it would be a no-brainer if there wasn’t a shortage of Jedi’s running around that could train him. If that were the case, he should go off and be with Mando until he ages and dies. After that he could have sought out a Master for training and he would still be a kid for his species.  

I think somehow he'll end up with both. :D

On 2/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, I like pie said:

He out- drew three Pikes. I'd be overconfident too.

These weren't three Pikes and he was more focused on his inept deputy's shaky hand then anything.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:18 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Has that been confirmed?

I know her voice is heard in the “voices of Jedi past” scene, but I think Filoni danced around the topic when it came up during a Q&A. 

I wouldn't consider her voice to be proof that she's dead. I think it's fairly safe to say that Filoni and Favreau, like many of us, are pretending the sequels never happened. And hopefully they largely ignore Solo and Crimson Dawn as well. I may be in the miniority but I want nothing to do with any of the Disney movies, even Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:03 AM, jcjames said:

I think somehow he'll end up with both. :D

well grogu is also an infant for his species so i doubt he can come to these logical conclusions. he probably just misses his dad and wants to get out of military school there. 

On 2/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lpgk said:

I wouldn't consider her voice to be proof that she's dead. I think it's fairly safe to say that Filoni and Favreau, like many of us, are pretending the sequels never happened. And hopefully they largely ignore Solo and Crimson Dawn as well. I may be in the miniority but I want nothing to do with any of the Disney movies, even Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn. 

Ehh... Rogue One has been well received. 

Solo draws upon a few underlying things in the Star Wars universe set up by Filoni's Clone Wars and Rebels so... it does fit in.  To anyone that had watched Rebels, it might have been a surprise but it was not a big deal to see Darth Maul on screen at the end of Solo. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, Buzzetta said:

Ehh... Rogue One has been well received. 

Solo draws upon a few underlying things in the Star Wars universe set up by Filoni's Clone Wars and Rebels so... it does fit in.  To anyone that had watched Rebels, it might have been a surprise but it was not a big deal to see Darth Maul on screen at the end of Solo. 

I do agree Rogue One was done very well and I did enjoy it. I guess I don't hate all the Disney live action movie stuff :)

I definitely agree with your assessment of Maul in Solo; it was a bit of a surprise but not a total shock like when I saw Darktroopers, Boba Fett, Luke, Ahsoka, Kryssantan and Cad Bane show up. It seems the way Filoni brought those characters into the series was well thought out and organically done. Maul just felt like a throw in for fan service. 

Edited by Lpgk

On 2/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think we get the Ashoka trailer after this.  

Ahsoka trailer makes the most sense because I think Book of Boba Fett is setting up pieces for BoBF season 2, Mando season 3, and Ahsoka running off to find Ezra.  Also, showing the Darksaber again and providing backstory leads me to believe that Sabine can't be far behind and her story is most closely associated with Ahsoka's.  That being said, isn't Obi Wan slated for release prior to Ahsoka?  That would give weight to the Obi Wan Trailer rumor.

On 2/2/2022 at 3:26 PM, valiantman said:

I think that the people complaining about the scooter chase scenes have forgotten (or never knew) that the water gouging guy who complained about them in the first place is also famous for his Super Karate Monkey Death Car.

Yes, that's Jimmy James, Macho Business Donkey Wrestler.  It all makes sense, when you think about the goofiness level of the vehicles and actors associated with that episode.

I'll always remember him as the red stapler guy from Office Space.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think that this is not going to end with that last episode but set something up for a season 2. 

Like I said above, the show feels like it's setting up a whole slew of future Disney+ series.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, fantastic_four said:

Filoni gave him a huge, exaggerated hat in Clone Wars shown below.  The voice actor from Clone Wars also voiced him in this episode which is GREAT, love that guy's voice.  He also doesn't have his boot thrusters visible in the pic below.

If I remember he lost the hat somewhere along the way and had to get a different smaller brimmed hat.  Can't remember the episode.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

The three Jedi taken down by stormtroopers - does that reference any previous show or movie scene?

I get Grogu is Mandalorian-Verse created. But that seemed very relevant and established.

Order 66, first seen in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.  Then recently seen again in Clone Wars season 7 and Bad Batch season 1.  We're getting it from the perspective of different characters and it stings every time.  I'd just like to know who saves Grogu.

On 2/3/2022 at 6:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

We also know that Ahsoka is deceased by the time of Rise of Skywalker. 

I love Ahsoka too much to believe this to be true.  While I realize you can hear her voice in Rise of Skywalker, I also thought one of the Execs or someone mentioned that it didn't necessarily mean she's dead.  I have no idea how they would work that out though.