• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

Re: Ahsoka, I'm always amazed that the whiny teenager in the CW movie evolved organically to what she is today, due to great natural character development and storytelling. I didn't hate her in the CW movie, but if she just stayed the way she was, I wouldnt' care less about her. 

Looking back in retrospect, I think the character development of Anakin was done well too. ROTS is still in my top 3 of SW movies. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, zuckuss2003 said:

I'm not going to be surprised if Old Ben is the one to rescue Grogu and somehow ends up losing him on Tatooine.

Flashback to end Season 1 and cut right to the trailer for Obi-Wan. I could see it. 

On 2/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I wish Marvel fans were as critical of Marvel content as Star Wars fans are of Star Wars content

Sure would keep a lot of threads from getting locked. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:58 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I wish Marvel fans were as critical of Marvel content as Star Wars fans are of Star Wars content

Must have missed the Eternals thread.. 

On 2/3/2022 at 10:37 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Flashback to end Season 1 and cut right to the trailer for Obi-Wan. I could see it. 

I believe the time span for both Mando and Boba shows were about a year from start of filming to dropping on D+. Kenobi started filming April/May of last year so we are close to the time the trailer could drop.  May 4th this year falls on a Wednesday, seems like a good time for the Kenobi series to premiere as well. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, zuckuss2003 said:

I'm not going to be surprised if Old Ben is the one to rescue Grogu and somehow ends up losing him on Tatooine.

Obi Wan is on Utapau at the time of the purge as seen in RotS.  He doesn't return to Coruscant until after the Temple is in ruins.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, ExNihilo said:

Obi Wan is on Utapau at the time of the purge as seen in RotS.  He doesn't return to Coruscant until after the Temple is in ruins.

The only thing I can think is that he finds him in the ruins or Grogu is handed off to him at some point before going to Tatooine. 

On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, ExNihilo said:

The purge wasn't a 1 day thing, it went on until all of the jedi were eradicated. So, this could be a few weeks later perhaps. But its just an idea.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, awakeintheashes said:

The only thing I can think is that he finds him in the ruins or Grogu is handed off to him at some point before going to Tatooine. 

Grogu seems so helpless and the Clone Troopers seem so close at that point that I can't imagine he would have the ability to fend for himself long enough (or quickly enough) to hide.  Out of all the questions I have from BoBF ep 6, who saved Grogu is at the top.  Second would be a flashback to Ahsoka and Luke meeting for the first time.  I just gotta know how that all went.  >_<

Also, what are the odds Mace Windu appears with a severed hand to rescue Grogu?  :makepoint:

On 2/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, ExNihilo said:

Grogu seems so helpless and the Clone Troopers seem so close at that point that I can't imagine he would have the ability to fend for himself long enough (or quickly enough) to hide.  Out of all the questions I have from BoBF ep 6, who saved Grogu is at the top.  Second would be a flashback to Ahsoka and Luke meeting for the first time.  I just gotta know how that all went.  >_<

Also, what are the odds Mace Windu appears with a severed hand to rescue Grogu?  :makepoint:

I could see that as well. His survival continues to be a debate.

As for how Grogu survived, I think he was hiding somewhere the Clone Troopers couldn’t see or wouldn’t have checked. His size would allow him to hide almost anywhere. That’s what I was left with after seeing that scene and, IIRC you could see a shadow on his face to appear as if he was peaking out from somewhere. 

On 2/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I could see that as well. His survival continues to be a debate.

As for how Grogu survived, I think he was hiding somewhere the Clone Troopers couldn’t see or wouldn’t have checked. His size would allow him to hide almost anywhere. That’s what I was left with after seeing that scene and, IIRC you could see a shadow on his face to appear as if he was peaking out from somewhere. 

The more I think about it, the one Jedi I'd like to see get a second chance is Kit Fisto.  Given how he was somewhat prominently featured in Clone Wars and how his demise in episode 3 was rather unfitting for someone who's supposed to be a skilled duelist, it'd be nice to see him be shown with a feat worthy of his reputation.

If I'm REALLY dreaming though...I'd love to see Asajj get a true redemption arc.  Given she was rescued as a child herself, she could infiltrate the Jedi Temple to see what's going on, come across Grogu, and rescue him before escaping.

Whatever the answer is, I'm resigned to the fact that we probably won't be getting it in the finale.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, ExNihilo said:

The more I think about it, the one Jedi I'd like to see get a second chance is Kit Fisto.  Given how he was somewhat prominently featured in Clone Wars and how his demise in episode 3 was rather unfitting for someone who's supposed to be a skilled duelist, it'd be nice to see him be shown with a feat worthy of his reputation.

If I'm REALLY dreaming though...I'd love to see Asajj get a true redemption arc.  Given she was rescued as a child herself, she could infiltrate the Jedi Temple to see what's going on, come across Grogu, and rescue him before escaping.

Whatever the answer is, I'm resigned to the fact that we probably won't be getting it in the finale.

I believe Ventress dies before Order 66 is put into action. Dooku kills her when she sacrifices herself to save Quinlan Vos. 

As for Fisto, yeah, that whole scene was an abomination. Very cringeworthy. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I believe Ventress dies before Order 66 is put into action. Dooku kills her when she sacrifices herself to save Quinlan Vos. 

I can't bear to read Dark Disciple because it was alluded somewhere that she ends up dying, but I really liked the character and I keep telling myself that's not canon.  Though, if I'm not mistaken the plot for Dark Disciple comes from an unaired arc that was cut from like season 6 or something so it was supposed to be canon.  Just gonna cover my ears and pretend it's not true.  :sorry:

On 2/4/2022 at 2:11 PM, ExNihilo said:

I can't bear to read Dark Disciple because it was alluded somewhere that she ends up dying, but I really liked the character and I keep telling myself that's not canon.  Though, if I'm not mistaken the plot for Dark Disciple comes from an unaired arc that was cut from like season 6 or something so it was supposed to be canon.  Just gonna cover my ears and pretend it's not true.  :sorry:

Sorry. 

Yeah, unfortunately it's canon. :sorry:

On 2/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lpgk said:

I wouldn't consider her voice to be proof that she's dead. I think it's fairly safe to say that Filoni and Favreau, like many of us, are pretending the sequels never happened. And hopefully they largely ignore Solo and Crimson Dawn as well. I may be in the miniority but I want nothing to do with any of the Disney movies, even Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn. 

like many of us, are pretending the sequels never happened

+ 1