• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

819 posts in this topic

So good - This new Mandalorian season is picking up :D  You-know-who was basically the most perfect introduction to a 'new' character ever and finally makes it feel like the has some sort of antagonist. Visuals of this one seemed much more refined (comparing the outside desert shots in this ep with previous ones made me feel the lighting / atmosphere was much better done this time around)

On the other side, anyone else think Luke is a poor boring teacher and perhaps the weakest part of the -script? Sure it's nice to see the character at that age doing anything, but I found it lacked any charm. One of the most fun things about the OT was hearing people shed new light on the force as they explain it to Luke, in little new interesting ways. Be it Obi Wan being very cryptic at first or Yoda with his riddle like pondering - but at a certain point all the dialog about just became 'use the force' (which was basically all of Lukes insights...just use it...no, use the force...just use the force...fooorrrrcccee) as well as 'balance'. I know the lore behind the force is now essentially common knowledge to all fans, but my body is yearning for some new take/perspective on it that gives us some new quotable insights.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, Sauce Dog said:

So good - This new Mandalorian season is picking up :D  You-know-who was basically the most perfect introduction to a 'new' character ever and finally makes it feel like the has some sort of antagonist. Visuals of this one seemed much more refined (comparing the outside desert shots in this ep with previous ones made me feel the lighting / atmosphere was much better done this time around)

On the other side, anyone else think Luke is a poor boring teacher and perhaps the weakest part of the --script? Sure it's nice to see the character at that age doing anything, but I found it lacked any charm. One of the most fun things about the OT was hearing people shed new light on the force as they explain it to Luke, in little new interesting ways. Be it Obi Wan being very cryptic at first or Yoda with his riddle like pondering - but at a certain point all the dialog about just became 'use the force' (which was basically all of Lukes insights...just use it...no, use the force...just use the force...fooorrrrcccee) as well as 'balance'. I know the lore behind the force is now essentially common knowledge to all fans, but my body is yearning for some new take/perspective on it that gives us some new quotable insights.

A couple things on Luke.

First, I agree. However, we do have to realize that he’s really doing this on the fly. There isn’t a Jedi Academy or huge library of texts for him to study and learn from. Luke has to lean on what he was taught and through random force visions of Jedi past. 

Second, Luke is trying to teach the Jedi way that eschews all attachment like they did on coruscant…that didn’t really work out well for anyone, including him who ended up and old hermit whose nephew tried to murder him. I’m hoping Grogu forges his own path without giving up on being a Jedi.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

A couple things on Luke.

First, I agree. However, we do have to realize that he’s really doing this on the fly. There isn’t a Jedi Academy or huge library of texts for him to study and learn from. Luke has to lean on what he was taught and through random force visions of Jedi past. 

Second, Luke is trying to teach the Jedi way that eschews all attachment like they did on coruscant…that didn’t really work out well for anyone, including him who ended up and old hermit whose nephew tried to murder him. I’m hoping Grogu forges his own path without giving up on being a Jedi.

For sure, that is all obvious and expected, but doesn't mean it has to be as bland as it was. It didn't feel like Luke was offering his own take on it, just aping on stuff we as an audience have heard a millions times before in the same way (and with no real depth or mystery since it was all basically "just use the force").

Grogu will clearly make his own path - as Disney would never risk having their merchandising cash cow stick around to be murdered by Kylo Ren later on after all of Luke's teaching goes south :D 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, Sauce Dog said:

For sure, that is all obvious and expected, but doesn't mean it has to be as bland as it was. It didn't feel like Luke was offering his own take on it, just aping on stuff we as an audience have heard a millions times before in the same way (and with no real depth or mystery since it was all basically "just use the force").

Grogu will clearly make his own path - as Disney would never risk having their merchandising cash cow stick around to be murdered by Kylo Ren later on after all of Luke's teaching goes south :D 

He’s always been bland and annoying to me lol 

With the exception of him cutting down those troopers in Mando. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/2/2022 at 9:41 PM, Ares said:

So its a spare episode to make series longer but does not do much to advance story

I think that this is not going to end with that last episode but set something up for a season 2. 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Cad Bane. Basically, the baddest bounty hunter and hired gun in the galaxy. Bested Jedi and all comers. He was introduced in the Clone Wars and played a role throughout the show. 

In his prime, he was much more than a quick draw. Dude could fight. Not sure how Father Time has caught up with him in that aspect.

He's by FAR the baddest character introduced during the Clone Wars cartoon, so it's great to see him finally make his live action debut.  We all love Boba Fett because his armor and Slave I look cool, but Cad Bane is cool mostly because of what they've shown him doing.  Fett's never really earned our admiration like Cad Bane has during Clone Wars.  I was hoping this series would finally make me look at Fett as something approaching the level of skill that Bane has, but nope, not yet.  :sorry:

Lots of subtle little changes to Bane from Clone Wars, but the biggest is his hat is more conservative.  Filoni gave him a huge, exaggerated hat in Clone Wars shown below.  The voice actor from Clone Wars also voiced him in this episode which is GREAT, love that guy's voice.  He also doesn't have his boot thrusters visible in the pic below.

6106d6c36a4296c16c62b7d3094dd82f.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, Sauce Dog said:

We don’t talk about Kylo !

On 2/2/2022 at 9:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

Watch Clone Wars and Rebels please. please please please. 

Clone Wars is the easiest to watch cartoon I've ever seen aside from adult-oriented ones like the Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.  Every episode is like a little Star Wars movie...love that show so much.  :luhv:

Cad Bane is a member of a species named Duros who live about as long as humans do, and at the point of Book of Boba Fett he would be around 71 years old.  They did put a bunch of wrinkles on his face so I guess it's believable that he's so old.

star-wars-book-boba-fett-cad-bane.jpg?au