• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 2:18 AM, fett said:

speaking for myself-I do like this story and it was started in the Clone Wars and continued into Rebels-and now another chapter is starting in this series. If you don't like it don't watch it -but I think that others might appreciate the entire story as much as I do-so I am going to tell other fans they should watch these other series-they can decide if it's a waste of their time. :) 

We are all not going to like the same shows. I DID stop watching Rebels because it became very dull, except for the episodes I mentioned.

I wasn't saying "No one" should watch it necessarily, just @Bosco685I have an idea of what he likes based on his comments here.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:27 AM, Rip said:

This episode was amazing! The production value was off the charts as well! Loved every miniute of it.

Ok well... Meth-Sigourney weaver is still mildly annoying but still,... there was SO MUCH FUN in this episode.

Lol meth-Sigourney 

On 1/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, Buzzetta said:

Thrawn is still the best villain in Star Wars since 1983 lol 

I haven't seen the shows with him yet so I have no real opinion, but I'm trying to decide who from 1983 you think is comparable but that he doesn't eclipse...is it the Ewoks?  :devil:

Lucas didn't do enough with Maul before offing him, but he's still my favorite villain in ALL of Star Wars mostly due to one thing--Ray Park's physical performance in the role.  They need to get more martial arts experts to play Jedi or Sith in the films.  I've long wanted them to pull Jet Li in as a Jedi, but really any actor/athlete who can hop around and look bad-arse like Ray did would be fine.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Outstanding! Back to the magic that re-energized Star Wars.

I am not familiar with The Clone Wars and Rebels. So some of those pieces were new to me.

CW is so good. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first season but it got so much better. I was thrilled with them adding a Season 7.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:30 AM, fantastic_four said:

I haven't seen the shows with him yet so I have no real opinion, but I'm trying to decide who from 1983 you think is comparable but that he doesn't eclipse...is it the Ewoks?  :devil:

Lucas didn't do enough with Maul before offing him, but he's still my favorite villain in ALL of Star Wars mostly due to one thing--Ray Park's physical performance in the role.  They need to get more martial arts experts to play Jedi or Sith in the films.  I've long wanted them to pull Jet Li in as a Jedi, but really any actor/athlete who can hop around and look bad-arse like Ray did would be fine.

Maul was fleshed out very very well in Clone Wars and his later days were also well done in Rebels. Getting to see the final showdown between Obi-Wan and Maul was fantastic. Thrawn is just much more of a well rounded character from physical prowess and battle savvy to his intelligence and cunning. Maul grew into a very complicated and multi dimensional character in Clone Wars, but IMO, Thrawn is the more worth adversary. 

The Maul on Mandalore story is top notch storytelling and rather heartbreaking. Really added another layer to the Maul vs Obi-Wan storyline.

Thrawn's relationship and loyalty that he has to his home planet and people (chiss) and how that overlaps with his relationship to the Empire and Papa Palps is something we didn't see in Rebels but could add another layer to the character.  We could see this in Ahsoka if Filoni and Favs are working to set up the beginning of the First Order and return of Palps.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, piper said:

CW is so good. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first season but it got so much better. I was thrilled with them adding a Season 7.

Season 7 was fantastic. It's borderline criminal how long it took for us to get it, though. Really glad Filoni stuck with it and saw it all the way to the end.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/27/2022 at 9:43 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Maul was fleshed out very very well in Clone Wars and his later days were also well done in Rebels. Getting to see the final showdown between Obi-Wan and Maul was fantastic. Thrawn is just much more of a well rounded character from physical prowess and battle savvy to his intelligence and cunning. Maul grew into a very complicated and multi dimensional character in Clone Wars, but IMO, Thrawn is the more worth adversary. 

Thrawn's relationship and loyalty that he has to his home planet and people (chiss) and how that overlaps with his relationship to the Empire and Papa Palps is something we didn't see in Rebels but could add another layer to the character.  We could see this in Ahsoka if Filoni and Favs are working to set up the beginning of the First Order and return of Palps.

It’s been years since I read them but one thing stands out from the first Zahn trilogy and that is the Battle of Endor would have likely had a different outcome if Thrawn hadn’t been on the other side of the galaxy at the time.  

On 1/27/2022 at 8:50 AM, bentbryan said:

It’s been years since I read them but one thing stands out from the first Zahn trilogy and that is the Battle of Endor would have likely had a different outcome if Thrawn hadn’t been on the other side of the galaxy at the time.  

The thing that stuck with me about Thrawn is that he was absolutely smarter than everyone else in the Empire, including the Emperor, but he was "stuck" as an Admiral who was not going to launch a coup and force himself to the top of command. It reminds me of when a professional athlete is stuck as a backup to a future Hall-of-Famer past-his-prime, even though the backup could do a better job if they had the chance. 

Edited by valiantman

On 1/27/2022 at 8:14 AM, bentbryan said:
On 1/27/2022 at 3:27 AM, Rip said:

Ok well... Meth-Sigourney weaver is still mildly annoying but still,... there was SO MUCH FUN in this episode.

Lol meth-Sigourney 

That actress (Amy Sedaris) actually played a "former drug addict" who tried to go back to high school at age 46 in a show on Comedy Central over 20 years ago. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangers_with_Candy

On 1/27/2022 at 9:30 AM, fantastic_four said:

Oh no... I was saying that Thrawn is the best villain since 1983.

I do think that Thrawn was better than Maul though.  If you watch Rebels you will see.  There is a cold, calculated, genuine menace about how the character was written and performed on Rebels that made him a truly dangerous enemy. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, JasonTodd69 said:

How's this show? Which one should I watch first this or peacemaker?

They are very different shows, I like Peacemaker on nights when work sucked, on weekends I usually watch things like Boba Fett.  

I did watch episode 5 of Boba Fett last night though because I didn't want to see spoilers.

Edited by zuckuss2003

On 1/26/2022 at 5:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Outstanding! Back to the magic that re-energized Star Wars.

I am not familiar with The Clone Wars and Rebels. So some of those pieces were new to me.

Finally watched it, a great episode.

At the 5 minute mark, this video gives a quick rundown of the Mandalore history and CW/Rebels call backs.  Helped me understand a bit better as I'm making my way through Clone Wars now