• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master of Kung Fu appreciation thread
1 1

202 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2021 at 1:55 AM, batmiesta said:

Shang Chi looked too chubby, just my opinion though. I wish they had gone with someone more Bruce Lee looking.

Yeah, from what I hear, the Asian movie crowd which they are apparently trying aim for will not be endeared to this actor as they feel he's just not good looking enough for the part.  (shrug)

From my point of view, they should have found somebody that looks a lot more like this in terms of the Bruce Lee mold for the Shang-Chi role:  :luhv:

mas10.1143_2.jpg

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:
On 6/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, batmiesta said:

Shang Chi looked too chubby, just my opinion though. I wish they had gone with someone more Bruce Lee looking.

Yeah, from what I hear, the Asian movie crowd which they are apparently trying aim for will not be endeared to this actor as they feel he's just not good looking enough for the part.  (shrug)

From my point of view, they should have found somebody that looks a lot more like this in terms of the Bruce Lee mold for the Shang-Chi role:  :luhv:

I'm just grateful they didn't try to whitewash the role and cast Tilda Swinton!  But yeah, they definitely could've found a better looking actor to play Shang-Chi.  If only there was a city somewhere with a bunch of bi-lingual Chinese actors experienced in martial arts fight scenes!

Maybe they figured that Jackie Chan has been a big global action star, even though he's not very good looking.

I just watched a new trailer that was released on 6-24.  It looks very good to me.

And when/since do guys pass judgment on other guys if they look good or not?  :facepalm:  Yeah, okay never-mind nearly forgot. :makepoint:

:roflmao:

51 minutes ago, Mjolnir! said:

I just watched a new trailer that was released on 6-24.  It looks very good to me.

And when/since do guys pass judgment on other guys if they look good or not?  :facepalm:  Yeah, okay never-mind nearly forgot. :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Imagine those kinds of comments made against a female lead actress (like maybe Brie Larson). Oh the calamity that would ensue. :ohnoez:

On 7/4/2021 at 11:00 PM, serling1978 said:

My Marvel Special Edition #15 . I got the full run 5 or so years ago when every issue beyond #16 was in the dollar bin. I bought them because I've always been a fan of old kung fu movies (especially most things Shae Brothers) but I never in a million years thought Shang Chi would ever have his own movie. 

0704211535~2.jpg

Indeed.  I never thought 48 years would have passed so quickly when it seemed like yesterday this issue came out.

It's awesome to see B and C lister characters finally getting their chance to shine. 

As with many BA titles, it's not so hard finding high grade copies of MOKF, but it is hard to find high grade copies that don't have some quality of production (QP) issues.  The comic companies really threw quality control out the window in the 1970s.  Big fat white stripes down the spine seemed to be the norm, and the frequency of books being printed at an angle was exacerbated by the many horizontal lines that Marvel put on its covers during this period, such as the banner at the top or its picture frame covers.

Which introduced a nice challenge when collecting BA books to find copies that are not only high grade but also have high QP.

672766980_MOKF21.jpg.5890cb14e3c09ecb69f88ac301a8333f.jpg