• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, RickSp said:

Particularly when you remind yourself of those scenes such as Batman smiling and stuttering about not liking Superman.....:facepalm:

"I don't... Not... Like you..."

:sick:

They edited that scene in the physical release, too. They changed it to just, "I don't... Not..." and then it abruptly cuts to the next set.

Edited by Angel of Death

Martian Manhunter might have taken on the identity of the real General Swanwick prior to Man of Steel. March 18th will see the much-hyped debut of Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max, and one of the most anticipated elements of the movie by the fans who pushed for it is the return of Harry Lennix as General Swanwick. That anticipation stems from Snyder's earlier reveal that Swanwick was actually J'onn J'onzz aka Martian Manhunter in disguise, and while Snyder recently re-affirmed Swanwick as J'onzz' "alter-ego" during IGN Fan Fest, there could actually be another layer to his story.

In the DC Universe, Martians have the power to shape-shift, which explains how Swanwick has managed to hide in plain sight for as long as he has, but in hiding among humans as a human soldier, J'onn J'onzz would surely want to take every step possible to remain unseen. What this could mean is that Swanwick might not have been a human identity that J'onzz created out of whole cloth. On the contrary, there might have been an actual General Swanwick in the DCEU before J'onn J'onzz arrived.

As for how this could have come to be, one possible scenario is that the real Swanwick was deployed into a military conflict and was killed in action. Martian Manhunter could hypothetically have arrived on Earth from Mars around the same time, and in the vicinity of the particular conflict. At that point, he could have then used the Martian ability of shape-shifting to take on Swanwick's likeness and hide in plain sight among the people of Earth.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

Sounds like AT&T/HBO Max is already interested in a Justice League sequel...

That would be fantastic!

Ben Affleck has noted before he had the best time on the BVS set. It was Josstice League where he noted 'Not so much'.

THR: Ben Affleck Says 'Justice League' Was Plagued With "One Problem After Another"

"Justice League was unfortunately touched by some personal tragedy — a death in (director) Zack's [Synder] family. And like I say, sometimes things sort of work and gel and sometimes you seem to be having one problem after another," Affleck said.

Circling back, Affleck said he "really loved" Batman v Superman, but after Justice League, he was done.

"I had my fill of that," he tells GQ. "They said, 'Would you like to direct and star in a solo Batman movie?' And I found that, at some point, I had lost my enthusiasm or passion for it. And I thought this should really be made by someone who for whom it's their wildest dream come true. It was clear to me it was time to move on."

13 hours ago, RickSp said:

In a weird way I'm almost tempted to watch the theatrical again before Thursday, maybe pretend it's an SNL skit before watching the premiere.

Exactly why I posted both movie times

Part of the excitement is seeing the contrast

I have been telling everyone I know to watch - I hope it rates it's socks off!

How Zack Snyder's Justice League saw the light of day

It took more than two and a half years of campaigning from perhaps the most devoted fanbase in Hollywood history, but, finally, on 18 March, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, AKA the “Snyder Cut”, will arrive on HBO Max.

Its release marks a watershed moment in the world of pop culture, not just for Zack and Deborah Snyder, who got the chance to complete their film on their own terms, but also for the fans who not only managed to persuade a studio (in this case, Warner Bros) to release, well, anything at all, but to also revisit an alternative, not-yet-fully-existing version of a project from several years ago.

To recap: Snyder had to pull out of Justice League during production due to a family tragedy, which saw Joss Whedon come on board to complete it in his absence. Whedon’s final product – which Snyder says is an entirely different film than the one he had been working on – was both a critical flop and a disappointment to many fans, who bemoaned the total loss of Snyder’s artistic vision. Almost immediately after the film arrived in theatres, Snyder’s supporters began to organise on Vero with one demand: #ReleaseTheSnyderCut (RTSC).

Vero has been a digital HQ for Snyder fans since 2017, when the director first teamed up with the social platform to release his personal project Snow Steam Iron, a film shot entirely on iPhone (follow him @ZackSnyder). The film community has been using Vero for some time, drawn to various aspects from its no-ads, no-algorithms model, to its long-form HD video capability and movie recommendation feature. What followed was a constant level of interaction between him and his fans that would be hard to achieve on any other platform, with Snyder making himself accessible to answer questions while sharing behind-the-scenes shots, exclusive imagery and Easter eggs from the DC universe.

Their efforts to bring Snyder’s Justice League to light provide fascinating proof of the power in digital community building. The RTSC movement has advocated online, sure, embracing the Snyder family on Vero, but it’s also taken action in the real world. It did everything from buy billboards in Times Square, New York City, to flying planes towing banners over Warner Bros, with activations at Comic-Con and other fan events. Stars of Justice League, including Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ben Affleck, added their voices to the cause. There was a petition and lobbying, yes, but RTSC was about more than just giving a director the chance to finish a beloved project: it raised more than $500,000 for the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention in memory of the Snyders’ daughter, Autumn Snyder.

:headbang::banana:

Another big DC Comics villain is getting included with the introduction of Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke in Zack Snyder's Justice League. One of the big characters that were going to be introduced into the DCEU was Slade Wilson a.k.a. Deathstroke, a main foe of the Teen Titans and a rival of Batman. While Manganiello's character did appear in 2017's Justice League, it was never in the way that Zack Snyder had intended him to debut. In the theatrical cut that was overseen by Joss Whedon, Slade pops up at the very end for a very brief appearance with Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

The Snyder Cut will see a lot more of the version of Deathstroke that both Manganiello and the director have spoken about. Before The Batman became a reboot that stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, the project was going to be following Ben Affleck's Dark Knight. The Snyder Cut's introduction of Deathstroke would have also led to Manganiello reprising the role in Affleck's movie. But with Matt Reeves taking over to reimagine Batman outside the DCEU, Deathstroke's future after the Snyder Cut remains a mystery. Slade will also be involved with the Knightmare storyline that will be seen in Justice League, making it even clearer how the Snyder Cut is a whole different thing from the 2017 version.

While Slade will be a big debut for the Snyder Cut, the character is also acting as a tease to another infamous Batman villain. Most promotional material of Deathstroke in Justice League has included his traditional black-and-orange costume. However, for the Knightmare arc, Slade will have his own future look that is more black-and-grey than his other armor. But it turns out that Slade's sword is a major Easter egg for one of Batman's most formidable enemies in the comics. After speculations about the logo on his sword alluding to Ra's al Ghul, Manganiello confirmed that it's indeed teasing the League of Assassins leader.